New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
ShinGamix

Super ScreenShots Critique and Discussion

Rules

This topic is for the discussion of Ace Screenshots and maps. To post one you must critique at least one of the previous pictures.

I will start.

Here are some pics from the maps I am working on right now.

Some of these are from different points in the work process so parts may have been fixed or changed already.

screen12.jpg

1. Start Town Center.

This is the starting town. I did some customizing to it and this is an evening shot of it. The fence is custom work (non RTP)

The light effects wasn't the greatest at this time due to scripting complications. The script issue is resolved now (I hope) but I haven't reworked the other and better light script back into the project.

screen13.jpg

2. Start Town Center - Above the bridge

This shows off the bridge and riverside areas of the start town. The archway at the end of the bridge is a custom made overlay.

screen14.jpg

3. Dark World

I tweaked the world map some to give it a more adventurous feel to it. There is now a wall between the town and the castle for protective reasons. I added a desert/sandy area around the mountain area to give it some difference in the tiles and create a sense of regions or areas.

This is at a point on the world map where it is dark in the middle of the night and your all alone in the world. Anything could happen. Watch out for those monsters!

screen15.jpg

4.The Broken Forest

I wanted to show this screenshot even though it has a errors on it to show you a few things. The fog is a error due to that script problem I mentioned earlier. It was effecting all my shadows, overlays, fogs, effects, and almost everything. So that is why the right side of the clouds are cut off. It was a resolution change part of a script that had to be fixed but it is fixed now.

Also look at these forest tiles. I made them myself. Even though they are not final process yet (they still need a little work) I am quite pleased with the way they look.

mack_r10.jpg

5. Two Forests One Map

Shows off the winter version of the tree tiles.

screen16.jpg

7. The Ghost Cave

It is an alternate version of the "Mountain Cave" mine. It has a great sense of tone and I really like the lighting effects and ghost spirits.

screen17.jpg

8. Ghost Cave II

Puzzles you that he is glowing red for some reason right? He could be possessed or have some powers. The spot on the wall infront of him, I was planning on adding a secret door too it.

screen11.png

9. The Main Castle Remodeled

I remodeled the whole Main Castle Also. These are also custom tiles set. I have to add some water effects for the statues and fountains and then add the doors events also..

screen21.jpg

10.The Castle Roof

This is the rest of the outside of the castle.

walawa10.png

11.The Fixed Up Inn

This is all done with Custom Made Tiles. Some of the Furniture, plants, are recolors or edit. The characters are RTP.

Hope you like everything and the lights and shading will be fixed in the next screens and stuff.

I have since repaired the script error and now having two different light scripts running together at the same time.

Here are the new light scripts!!

99910.png

99810.png

Edited by ShinGamix

I really like number 11, its really vibrant and well made. My only issue is the distinct difference between the red brick and gray stone tiles. They seem to be fighting each other. I would post something but, I havent done any mapping in ace, I'm still with vx...

only was to post one and critique one..which no one did at all.

Look at this gorgeous pic of a demo i was playing with!

mmo210.jpg

Edited by ShinGamix

Showing off some of my work lately on Battle Dungeons!!

Jesus.

Lol you can't bump your posts or triple posts.

However I forgive you and will post a screenshot later on.

Well I had taken a break from the gdu scene for a while but when I cam e back I noticed that there wasn't much ace activity too much.