New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Guidelines for Established Games topics

What is the Established Games forum for?

This forum is to filter out the more established games from our User Submitted Games forum. The Established Games forum is for project topics that either have a decently long demo (more than an introductory scene for example), or are very close to having a demo such that you can make a complete topic with all the required details such to create interest for it. Other games that are less established should be posted in the parent forum, User Submitted Games.

Required Contents

Topics in the Established Games forum should have the following

• A demo (not required by highly recommended)
  • An introduction or storyline overview
  • 3 or more Screenshots, or a video or both
  • Credits if applicable

It is also recommended that all images be uploaded using your Manager's uploader to prevent dead images. This can also be accessed via the fixed header while writing your topics (the 'upload' icon, which is visible on your screen right now if you are logged in)

Structure your topics

Topics should be structured with clear headings. We recommend using the following BBCode (example http://www.gdunlimit...f-arcatis-demo/):

[size=6]My Heading[/size]

Or your own images for headings, for example: http://www.gdunlimit...xpdemo-legacy/8

Tag your topics

The forums for submitted your games are for games of any type and any engine. Thus it is appropriate to tag your topic title with the engine used. Here are some examples

• [RMXP]My RPG Maker XP Game
  • [ACE]My RPG Maker VX Ace Game
  • [GM]My Game Maker Game
  • [unity]My Unity Game

Don't use spoilers for your main content

It's a common trend to use spoilers in your topics, even for all of the content. Try to avoid placing valuable information, particularly screenshots and downloads, into spoilers. Instead try to refine the text of your topic to keep it interesting. Walls of text are intimidating for your readers and this may put them off. Spoilers should be used for additional and lengthy information only.

Contact us for any help

Send a PM to Marked or Tomo2000 (the local moderator) if you need any help with the guidelines, or you have a topic ready to be moved from User Submitted Games into Established Games. Do not re-post your games, we will move them for you.