Type: Advanced Map Image Extractor
This is small utility program I wrote in C# to easily extract maps from RPG Maker XP's .rxdata files and convert them to images to use for screenshots or whatever else you may need them for. It supports 7 different output formats and batch conversions. The program also is completely portable and does not write data anywhere to your registry, AppData folder, etc. There are numerous features (see below) that allow for altering the appearance of the map before saving, without actually having to change the map in the RMXP editor.
- Seven different output formats: PNG, JPEG, GIF, ICO, BMP, TIFF, WMF
- Enable/Disable event display
- Enable/Disable fog display
- Enable/Disable panorama display
- Change screen tone
- Supports event hue, opacity, and blend type (Subtraction blend mode is not yet finished)
- Tree structure for selecting maps just as it is RMXP
- Different sizing methods for the map display, including center, zoom, stretch, and fill
- Intuitive interface for easy use
- Easily create full-sized screenshots of your maps without using scripts
- More to come!
MapExtractor 0.90 (1.88 MB)(Self-extracting archive)
Requires Microsoft's .NET Framework 4.0
The "Subtraction" blend mode for sprites is not yet finished. I implemented a "negative" of the images for now, which is not an accurate conversion.
Credits and Thanks
- Blizzard and winkio, for some help with sprite blend type
This is a BETA version, and is still incomplete. I do have a few more features I would like to include in addition to fixing the blending issue.
- Resizing of map images and saving to those dimensions
- Importing individual Map###.rxdata files without loading a whole project (maybe)
- Possible use of a rendering library to improve map speed instead of simply using the built-in GDI+
Please be sure to report any bugs. I tried a new method of combining many of the libraries into a single executable, which required a lot of trial and error to get a stable build. I did some debugging to try and ensure its stability, but it is possible a few bugs persist, so let me know about any you find.