New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
evil cabbage

Request an RMXP Utility!

As some of you may have noticed, I recently posted a utility that I made called Storyline Planner, the idea of this program is to help you plan out a storyline for an RMXP game. I enjoy making little RMXP utilities (as you may have guessed), so if anyone has any suggestions for utilities for me to make, please suggest them. Seriously anything. See the bottom of the post for my reasons for doing this.

Programs that I plan to Make:

-A Storyline Planner (Done - Available in the downloads centre)

-A Character-set maker

-A Windowskin Builder (that automatically resizes images and sets transparencies) (Done - Available in the downloads centre)

-A Program to make event systems quickly

-A program to generate names (Done - Available in the downloads centre)

Programs I may Make:

-A program to easily find and share RMXP games (similar to RMXP Pool, but for games.)

-An RMXP Project Manager

-A Tileset Maker

Programs I could not make (unless I had extensive support):

-A RGSS Script Generator (I know nothing about RGSS)

-A Program Like Molebox

-

The reason I want to make all these programs: Simple, I want create a whole suite of cool utilities for RMXP that are based on what the RMXPU community wants made easier.

Hm, how about a program similar in concept to the storyline planner, but for characters. With it, one could organize all of the major and minor characters in a game, and their personality and details.

Cool idea! That wouldn't actually be too hard, as I would just have to make a slight mod of storyline planner.

I wouldn't think so, but I was thinking.. If it's possible, could you integrate the two together? Mostly because characters don't stay static throughout the storyline's progress. If it would be too hard, you could just keep them separate and use the character organizer for how the characters are at the start of the story.

Actually, now that I think about it, I might just be able to combine the storyline and character planners. My idea is this: to allow all the "planning" apps to work with each other (e.g: you save a project in Storyline planner and you can use bits from the saved project in character designer.) To further explain what I mean, you would have "versions" of characters. When making a character version, you would be able to set how long the "version" of the character lasts. So for an example: version 1 lasts from "Y Plot Point to Z Plot Point". Also, depending on how many "planning" apps are made, I would also quite like to do some sort of "global printout" which will print everything about a particular project that you have made in the planning apps.

Sounds great, that was exactly what I meant. I can't wait for you to finish, but for now I'm off to bed. It's too late..

First i thinks its pretty cool that your doing this for the community :) and second i think that having a program that could edit the battlers positiopn ingame would be cool

Hmm.

S'Pose I've got an idea, myself.

How 'bout adding a background-song to the character planner? Just so that if we decided to share our character with someone else, they could understand the vibe that the character should be giving off.