New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
shushi1379

[XP]How do I change the controls?

Question

5 answers to this question

Changing the controls permanently, as in not with F1, would require, as far as I know (Way too many commas xD), you to change the input in the script editor. You shouldn't want to change the controls though..

Go into your script editor and look for the controls. Leon, am I right on this??

Well im not Leon but i know what your talking about. So yes. You would want to look for this

if Input.trigger?(Input::B)

You can change it where B is. If you want a complete custom controls you can use Keyboard Script By: Cybersam. But its a lot of work cause you still have to go through every script either way.

I'm sorry for necroposting but this is something that is of utter importance to my games development. Can someone tell me how to change the controls so that UP jumps and DOWN crouches ? I know I would need to make sprites to do so and thats not a problem I'm just not sure which script (default) needs to be altered. Any help is much appreciated. Yours truly, SpriteZilla.

You'll need a script for those as you can't initali jump without an event and I've never seen crouch before which I'm pretty sure will need a new script and spirite.

You could definitely very easily make a common event or parallel process event that waited for a button command then did the jump effect combined with the correct animation. You would then use the same effect for the 'duck' animation. I could run you through how to do it with events, but the effect would be purely cosmetic. Bigace is right about needing scripts, because otherwise it would just be a jump and duck effect, with no real reason to do them.

Perhaps if you explain in more detail in a new thread what you are trying to achieve we can help get you to your end goal, rather then a step in the process.