New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
JRolik

Irina Academy

Thank you for looking at the 'Early in Development' information for Irina Academy! This is my first time making a thread in this particular type of forum [about a game] but since I did already make a Game Page, you'll find a lot of information similar here and there. And because I'm lame, I'll be just following the information from the Requirements list as my layout until I have pictures to make you think I do pretty things. But for now, sorry, it'll be bland. [Note: Edited to put everything in spoilers for easier navigation/less headaches].

1. GAME STORYLINE AND SYNOPSIS

STORY
Irina Academy for the Gifted is a very well-known school in the country of Eurum. It's known for many geniuses attending, and it has quite a bit of money to spend on them. Erin Lyle, a weak young man with no known special traits even to himself, was invited to Irina Academy by the enigmatic Headmistress herself- but apparently, 'Gifted' doesn't just mean genius. To her, Erin's ability to empathize and his open mind to the supernatural are just what she needs to help the five most unusual girls on campus. Delve into the history of the girls born with powers given by god, and help them learn to protect themselves from their own abilities- and the world around them.

Note, the game will have some rough material at times and trigger warnings likely to come up in storyline due to character backgrounds include rape [mention of, at least], alcohol/drugs and mental health issues.

GAMEPLAY
Through quests and conversation, you'll learn quite a bit about the five girls you were brought in to aid: including their supernatural powers related to the elements, and their sometimes dark backgrounds. Though this looks like an indoor game, there will be fields to fight in- both on and off campus. Help the girls gain control over their elements, and learn the true strength Erin has been hiding without his knowledge. 

2.1 MAIN CHARACTERS

Erin Lyle: The main player character, an eighteen year old young guy who has a weak constitution and was just suddenly brought to the most famous school in his country. He's very average with common grades and sees no reason to be there. Over the course of the game, Erin will learn he has his own unique strength, including a tendency to go into an immensely powerful rage that leaves him seeming invincible for a certain amount of time. His main strength, however, is his naturally kind tendencies.

Jorda Bailey: A young girl who is more like a humanoid tree than a person. At the tender age of fourteen, Jorda is part of the youngest group at Irina Academy. Jorda is very stoic and lives like plants: she feeds through photosynthesis and water alone, and seems very good at communicating with nature, particularly plants. She's very strict with schedules. She lives off campus with her alcoholic father.

Ilda Nora: A twenty-year-old woman who has the power of fire and a firey temper. Unable to burn herself but able to set things ablaze without meaning to, she accidentally killed her parents as a toddler and was instantly deemed a monster by her peers. Now a student at Irina, she likes to beat up bullies and anyone who she deems pathetic. Ironic for her strong sense of justice, Ilda runs a street gang. Her weakness is water.

Lyn Rowell: The eldest of six children living with their grandfather, Lyn is a scatterbrained girl with a natural static field around her that shocks people when she touches them. She has little to no ability to remember even the most traumatizing issues, likely a way of reacting to PTSD according to doctors. Lyn tends to be full of smiles and enjoys having fun with anyone. Just don't expect her to remember your name for at least a month...Even if you tell her it ten hundred times. Though she's dumb, she's also very well meaning and good with kids.

Vanna Seliana: The girl with the power of water. Vanna is 22 years old and is known for causing a mess by scaring people when she stays underwater for entire hours sometimes- without breathing aid. Better in water than on land, Vanna is like a mermaid who lives like a human otherwise. She's very relaxed compared to most of the elemental companions.

Luft Williams: Luft is a literal airhead- floating on the breeze with no sense of direction. She's actually in the same class as Erin, but rarely actually there. Her head is always in the clouds, and she's sensitive to air pollution. Eventually she'll learn to control the breezes she floats on, as you get to work with her. Her personality is very aloof, because she's always deep in thought about strange things.

2.2 SECONDARY BUT IMPORTANT:

Leanne Lyle: Erin's sadistic twin sister with a knack for black magic and trickery. She'll join the school and your team later, because while she loves to watch people suffer...She's the only one allowed to cause it in her mind.

Iris Hemsworth: The Headmistress of Irina Academy, a lover of lore and the one who brought all the characters to the school. She seems to be enigmatic and caring, but hides quite a bit behind her knowing smile. 

Corona Hemsworth: Student Council President at Irina Academy and Iris's granddaughter. Corona has a secondary job of aiding you when you're in danger and she's skilled with swords somehow. She has a very stern personality, and seems to be often at odds with the other girls.

Ian Andrews: The Student Council Vice President whom is known for his love of the occult and conspiracy theories. He's oddly good with information, and somehow has a copy of the student and staff register's illegally. He's mostly useful to you for information, and will likely help you later on with that. Especially with information about Iris, possibly.

Kevin Walbern: Your roommate in your dormitory. Kevin is likely the only 'third party' to help you, and has good martial arts skills to join you in battle if you feel like dragging him along. He's a friendly guy, who will treat you like family immediately. Congrats! You have an unasked for brother.

3. SCRIPTS AND SYSTEMS TO BE USED

The most notable systems definitively going to be used include:
-Day/Night System with Clock
--Sleep system for health.
-Skill Learning through Items/Events as well as level up.
-Randomized Events on certain maps.
-A specialized quest system that will be deemed 'Homework'- each homework quest will receive different benefits as a reward, and will require different things from fighting and foraging to just finding someone and talking to them...or a mini game.
-Inter-Party Combo Moves
-Still figuring out if there will be a 'world/town map' or not.

Primarily using Yanfly and Galv scripts so far.

4. CREDITS SO FAR

-Galv [scripts]
-Yanfly [scripts]
-Hime [script...s?]
-Tsukihime [script...s?]
-A LOT OF PEOPLE SUPPORTING ME I WILL POST LATER
-Others to be named when they arise.

5. SCREENSHOTS
You can see the one below and more on the official Game Page.

752.png

6. TEAM MAKING THE GAME
Currently just me and resources I find. I'm happily thinking of lurking for more in depth aid though~
Edited by JRolik