New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
David Johnston

What have I been up to?

So most of you that know me may not give two shits about what I've been doing and you probably shouldn't because I'm not doing anything useful with my life in the game making industry Xd. Anyways, before I turned into a lazy shit (or was it because I did not possess the knowledge?) I was making a survival RPG game. I managed to get the map done, I also got the animations for getting wood and mining ore which took a while to make but it was done. So I was at the point where the player could gather wood and ore with an axe and pickaxe but the problem was making a house. This is where I turned lazy and could NOT figure out how to do this other than moving to Unity or some other engine to make the game but the problem is I don't know any coding language or what have you so this is a useless task to pursue as of right now since I was planning on getting someone to teach me it in a course at schoolio or something.
So that's a summary of what was going on in my life since i haven't posted on GDU in a long ass time, oh and I also got a job at Mcdonalds. 
For anyone wondering what happened to Onis Era, I decided it was a pretty fucking stupid game and its a fan game so its not going any wheres but at least ill be able to show it in a portfolio or maybe make it a future project? I still don't know what to do with it yet so that's the news for that. 

Well that post started out rather self-deprecating. 

For anyone wondering what happened to Onis Era, I decided it was a pretty fucking stupid game and its a fan game so its not going any wheres

Language, young man. 

Whoa, there. Seems like you're feeling a little down about your skills in making games. Instead of feeling down, go and learn the coding skills you need to do this stuff! Plenty of tutorials afoot on the internet.

Don't feel down, go out and figure out ways to succeed and get those bad feelings out of your system. :)