New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
black mage

[RMVXA] Incolae Castella

It was that time of the years again, folks. Last year, me and the crew at Blazing Fanfish are entering IGMC 2014 with the game Calcu-Late. This year, the contest are back, and we're planning to join the party. So, I'm gonna to enter IGMC 2015 with this game.

Title
Incolae Castella

Synopsis
You're the last resident from Castella village. Everyone else has long gone since they went to take down the demon lord that reside near your village. One day, a sword came to you, convincing that you must defeat the demon lord. Thus, your journey begins...

Feature

• Custom Battle System. Well, I'm not quite sure how to call this. It's based on Active Turn Battle system anyway.
  • 6 character (3 for IGMC) to choice. Yes, that's right! We're offering 6 character to be played in this game, with their respective ability and gameplay.
  • Great Maps.
  • Great Character & Boss Design. (TBA later)
  • Custom songs.
  • Many Custom Mechanics to be announced.

Maps

• Castella Village

pJeE2mf.jpg?1

• Castella's Houses

black-smith.png

003-tukang-sayur-2.png

004-dukun-2.png

• A Pathway

002-mini-dungeon-2.jpg

Credits
Project Leader : Black Mage
Lead Artist : Aland Baraputra
Sound Director : Keith K Bunardy
Programmer : Black Mage
Storywriter : Black Mage, midgarsormr, Karina Riesling Zhang
Scripter : Karina Riesling Zhang
Mapper : Black Mage

Tilesets Used :

• Candacis’s Resources
  • Pandamaru’s Resources
  • Ayene’s Resources
  • Sherman3D’s “Dungeon & Volcanoes Tiles Resource Packâ€
  • Sherman3D’s “Evil Castle Tiles Resource Packâ€
  • Sherman3D’s “Halloween Tiles Resource Packâ€
  • Celianna’s “RPG Maker Fantastic Buildings: Medievalâ€
  • Celianna’s “Member+ Exclusive Resourcesâ€
  • Celianna’s “Adventure Tile Starterâ€
  • Celianna’s “RPG Maker Rural Farm Tiles Resource Packâ€
  • Lunarea’s “Humble Bundle Exclusive Resourcesâ€

Any thought and comments are appreciated. :)

Edited by black mage

It looks very beautiful, that map you have there. But I would have just one request out of all of this...

Please do not use a cliche storyline... Don't make the main character have amnesia, don't have the antagonist without reason unless it's a force of nature type of villain, don't use items which are used across gaming, don't make an awkward love romance where it's "I meet you, and when the story ends, we'llwe-ll-bang-okay-28418.jpg",

and don't make a final boss that plots to destroy the universe out of nowhere, who is in a place full of "futuristic ancient alien technology", and has 8 forms, which all after has the boss screaming cliche lines like "I'll be bache" "I only wanted to kill it all" "Nuuuuu mai dweams!!!".

Please. Ardi appreciates it.

Please do not use a cliche storyline... Don't make the main character have amnesia, don't have the antagonist without reason unless it's a force of nature type of villain, don't use items which are used across gaming, don't make an awkward love romance where it's "I meet you, and when the story ends, we'llwe-ll-bang-okay-28418.jpg",

and don't make a final boss that plots to destroy the universe out of nowhere, who is in a place full of "futuristic ancient alien technology", and has 8 forms, which all after has the boss screaming cliche lines like "I'll be bache" "I only wanted to kill it all" "Nuuuuu mai dweams!!!".

It seems like everything that worries you aren't spotted in our concept design yet. So yeah, I think it's safe to say that this game will go on as planned. :) Thanks for the advice. I assure you that the story would be amusing and not that cliche. Except the Hero goes to slay the demon lord part... until you advance through certain point in the game.

The plot hasn't revealed yet, and I can't make it into words without spoiling the story right now. So please bear with a synopsis where a hero goes on a journey to slay a demon lord. We have more to offer than just this :D Stay tune.

Edited by black mage

we-ll-bang-okay-28418.jpg",

Damn you and your memes, Ardi... damn you....!!

But yeah, looks like you've got something awesome going there, Mage! The summary in your post looks a little cliche, but all stories start somewhere. I have no doubt you'll diverge from the "cliche" into something different soon ;)

That map looks great, too <3 those skills. I downloaded the Calcu-Late demo, too, hoping to play that soon!

#Update!

Well, first off. I’d like to announce that we’re cutting 3 characters from the game. It’s due the rules of IGMC where the judge are only obligated to play the game around 1 hours, and we’re sure that if there’s 6 characters to play, not all feature from our game would be explored, so we need to limit our-self.
But don’t worry. Those 3 character will surely get developed once IGMC finished. We’ve been making their gameplay and things related to them, so it’ll be a waste if we’re just throwing them away.

And that’s for the bad news. Let’s jump in for the real update.

The art team are going late for a bit due one and another things. But we’re having several concept art ready. Wait until most of them finished and I’ll be sure to show it to you guys. :)

The story team have finished most of the main story. All that’s left is just to cover some hole and making the script. Also, there’s some character building that need to be done.

The sound team are still preparing. They will do their job last, as usual. :P

The core team are finished creating the main gameplay of the game. Now they’re going to list some mechanics that’s the programmer (me) need to implement. We’ll reveal the gameplay and the feature at the later date when a demo is ready.

So when most of team have almost nothing to show right now, I proudly present you guys with some map updates. Please bear with it. :)

1. A Pathway (Starting Point)

002-mini-dungeon-2.jpg

Yes, you guys read that right. This map is the starting point for the main character. North is connected to the village, while south is connected to dungeons. Tutorials will be held here, so the player can grasp the basic system of the game. It’s just a simple pathway, I guess.

2. Houses

black-smith.png

003-tukang-sayur-2.png

004-dukun-2.png

3 picture listed above are the houses for our main characters. I won’t tell you guys more than this, because I’ll reveal the rest when the art team finished the design of all our main characters.

That’s all for this update. I’ll start creating maps for the dungeon and implementing some gimmick. Wish me luck.

Yeah, there's still not much information to say from this game. Anyway, stay tune for more info, guys. :)

Edited by black mage