New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
James Anthony Hyatt

Cant post with video on game page?

Greetings, 

I seem to be having an issue with posting videos on my home tab on my game page, I saw how it is done in the default page, when you first start to make a game page, and there is a video there, from what I saw on that page all it is a link and it is then shown as a video screen with a play button on it? I tried that and all I got was the link at the bottom of the page where the video should have been? Am I doing something wrong? Any help in fixing this matter would be greatly appreciated.

-James

Sorry for the late reply. There's a couple of ways to do it. The reason it starts out with demo content is to show that all you need to do is post the link and the video will render. 

If that's not working, post the URL here and I'll see why it's not working. 

Moved to Games Section Support. 

Lol all good.

It was the short-hand of the proper youtube video that is the problem. You have to paste the full URL in there, and you don't need any BBCode tag, just paste the URL into the textbox. The BBCode system works by having a look over the entire block of text and see if any rules can be matched. If there's a standalone URL that contains "youtube.com" then it'll change it into an embedded video.