New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Maxxis221

What is RGSS

I'm not exactly how it is explained but RGSS is Ruby Scripting or something like that. It's the language that RMXP is wrote in.

RGSS is a script just like any other that is set specifically to RMXP. It's what governs the entire RPG creation. By altering it, you can change practically anything about the game from type of battle system, to types of images that appear on the screen, to different effects within the game itself. just like Java or HTML, RGSS is a script that is the basis for RPG maker XP.

However, I know nothing about how to use it. You'll probably get a better response from someone else...

Basically, RGSS stands for Ruby Game Scripting System. It is a version of the programming language Ruby, that was edited for use in RPG Maker XP, and now with RGSS2, RPG Maker VX. It has been changed to make it better, more versatile and easier to use. Nothing much else really...

Actually RGSS is not a programming langauge, isaacsol was correct into what RGSS stands for (Ruby Game Scripting System).

RGSS is actually a library written in C that extends the Ruby programming language

Actually let me quote my tutorial on RGSS

First and foremost RGSS is not a programming langauge. Many are confused on what RGSS actually is. RGSS is a library written in C that extends the programming langauge Ruby, and RGSS is an acronym for Ruby Game Scripting System. It is used within RMXP and provides Graphics, Audio, and Input functions for Ruby.