New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
discochicken

GIF support?

Question

I read somewhere that it might be possible to use GIFs as battler sprites with a certain script. I have absolutely 0 scripting skills, so I have no idea if such a thing is actually possible. Does anyone know where I might find such a script (if one exists at all)?

3 answers to this question

I cant seem to find anything on it. The only way i know is to use a sprite sheet and a battle system that supports it. I cant really help out as i dont use RPG Maker anymore but im sure someone who knows such battle system might be able to help out(my rpg maker knowledge is fading away lol).

If I remember, one of the Pokemon Essentials kit had it? But I've never use them before, I don't know if they'd be waaaay overkill for what you want to do or not... and I haven't tested it, so I have no idea if it works.

There used to be a Japanese one floating around, I had it on my USB but idk if it works for the same thing. I'll do some digging through my flash drives... like all seven of them or something, which will take a while :P

Is it possible to have GIIF's play on the map screen, along side pictures?

I think I tried a script years and years ago, but it didn't work, anything out there now?