New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
discochicken

Enu SBS Troop Configuration

Question

Hello again. I am using the (you guessed it) Enu Side-battle script for my game. Could someone walk me through how I would create troops in the Side-battle style? I really like the preset ones for the script, but I also want their to be more enemies in my game than some ghosts and a few bosses. For the examples attached, I want to make the basilisk troop look like the ghosts by using overworld character sprites. Can anyone help?

post-28023-0-70078200-1427723016_thumb.jpg

post-28023-0-55332900-1427723018_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

You would need to sprite an enemy yourself with paint or photoshop or such, or find them on the internet or ask if someone could make them for you.

Though I reckon some of the basic monsters would be available as sprites. Regarding that this is quite a famous-ish script.

Perhaps I can be of assistance.

First let me make sure that I understand the question correctly: you want to make more enemies whose animated sprites appear in-battle, as the ghosts do?

Let's see how we would go about doing that:

STEP ONE: find the ENEMY ID of whatever enemy under the "enemies tab" that you want to have character sprites in battle, and make sure that this enemy has both a battler & character graphic within your game's database (you can check the battler graphic id by double clicking on the picture, and the character id should match this)

(for this example i'll be using the basilisk, which has a battler graphic and character graphic named 055-Snake01, you can see him on the list just a few items below the ghost in the first picture below)

STEP TWO: go to line 17 in the enemy animated battler's script and add the number of the ENEMY ID of the enemy that you chose in step one to the list of numbers separated by commas

(in this case the basilisk's ENEMY ID is 2, so I add the number 2 to the list)

STEP THREE: create a troop which contains any number of the enemies, and do a test battle to ensure the sprites are working properly, you can adjust position to your preference.

STEP FOUR: Repeat this process for as many enemies as you would like.

help-28221.png