New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
tlbearer

Event not running

Question

I have an event set up to run only once the player has 4 or more tails, but its not running: 

tailsquest.png

What did I do wrong?

8 answers to this question

The very first event command is you setting the variable to 4 already, right? In that case the event should definitely 100% work.

I can think of a few reasons why it might not, but no guarantee they are the right reasons.

One is that you could have forgotten to turn on the switch for the Scorpion quest. Another is that the event pages 3 and 4 haven't been set to a switch, so they're coming out on top and overriding this event page (if there's nothing on those pages, for example).

The second reason is the one that always gets me. :P

Looks like you're set it so that the event will run when the player have exactly 4 tails. The event won't run if the player have 3 or less, or if the player have 5 or more. You should change the conditional branch setting from "equal to" into "greater than or equal to" so that the event will only work when the player have 4 or more tails.

Looks like you're set it so that the event will run when the player have exactly 4 tails. The event won't run if the player have 3 or less, or if the player have 5 or more. You should change the conditional branch setting from "equal to" into "greater than or equal to" so that the event will only work when the player have 4 or more tails.

But didn't she already set the variable to exactly four at the beginning? O.o So it should work, right?

Or is that something else... D:

Here is what all of the event pages look like, and it is running like the player doesn't have 4 or more tails.:

tails1.png

tails2.png

tails3.png

tails4.png

Edited by tlbearer

But didn't she already set the variable to exactly four at the beginning? O.o So it should work, right?

Or is that something else... D:

Right, I skip the first line. My bad :p

Well, seing your new pages, the first line is said : Variable Scorpion Tail (V001) = Variable Scorpion Tail (V001). Wasn't this should be should be Variable Scorpion Tail = 4? Not sure which version you use, but the first one is the right one.

Just in case you're using the first one, and still had a problem. Instead of running the 2nd pages, the event should be running another pages. Which pages it is?

The event is on the second page that i'm trying to get to run.

Well, I know that already. :v

You're trying to run the second page, right? But instead of running the 2nd page, the event should run another page, or was the event just stand like that and nothing happened when you click it?

Edited by black mage