New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
GermanyXItaly1000

Using RMVX Ace tilesets in RMXP?

Question

This support forum is starting to become a familiar sight to these poor eyes...

I was wondering if it's possible to use RMVX Ace tilesets in RPG Maker XP. I haven't seen inside of Ace yet, so I haven't taken a closer look at its tilesets. (Posting while being still under-informed--what a good way to start off a support thread D: )

The only thing I've done with VX Ace sprites is take simple objects out of what I've found online and paste them individually onto my XP tilesets. But there's got to be a faster way to do it, especially if I just want a whole chunk of the tileset. Like walls, water, roads, etc.

Note, what I HAVE seen about VX Ace is that the walls aren't set at a certain height like in XP, but you can use one tile to make a wall as tall as you want. And I don't know how/if that's going to work with XP.

Before we begin to question the nature of mixing RMVX Ace and RMXP sprites, I'm only looking for a method to implement VX Ace in XP. Not a discussion on the clashing of styles and how it would be extremely difficult to work out. :D

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet