New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Jiyujin

Play Ball!

Question

I'm at my wits end with this. I've been trying to make two characters playing volleyball. So I have tried to make and event that uses the jump command. But trying to get it over the net isn't working, despite my fiddling with the tileset. Also how to get the characters to look like they're hitting the ball. Maybe putting their hands over their heads and have the ball-event  just go over them?

My issue is just getting the ball to go over the net!

1 answer to this question

You should be using jump for the ball, I think. Which should take it over the net if you've placed the net correctly. And I haven't actually done this myself, but to make it look like they're playing volleyball, it might be possible to edit their sprites to make them appear to be spiking, bumping, etc. Imo that would be difficult.

What's wrong with your ball event? If you could upload a screenshot or describe more specifically, I might be able to see what's wrong. (Also, it'd be nice to know if this scene is shown only one time in an autorun, or if the characters are continually playing volleyball while the player is moving around or whatnot.)