New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

3 new resource categories in the main menu

Hi all,

I have changed the resources menu in the GDU's main menu to be a drop down with the following 4 categories:

d03b9ed05f998a68a4c7956485b3c4a2.png

The additional three categories are all old categories of our downloads manager which has pretty much been hidden for the last 2 years (since we changed from RMXPU). But I am bringing them back now and hopefully we can continue to add resources to these categories.

I am also considering scrapping our current image gallery, the one I created. It is just a listing of images and the intention was to make it easier to find resources. But I don't think I will ever get time to make it more functional, and it really isn't worth it if the current system is going to do the job. The old system has comments etc. and isn't too bad, really. Hopefully I can revive it, it used to take up half of our daily pageviews, but the number has dropped significantly. Still, the images have had several million views.

Nice. Bug with it tho. when you click on the drop down then click somewhere not on the dropdown the menu goes poof. this works for games also.

Yeah I know, someone just made a topic about it. I'll fix it when I'm free again (which will be a few days).

By the way, you mentioned before about your stream signature image being slow to load right? The answer seems pretty simple in that browsers simply cache images. Almost everyone appends a unique string, usually the time, to resources that it wants to update, so it would be like myimage.png?version=4. This is what I do when I change the css file and want it all to update in your browsers immediately. But you can never do this in forums, because the image MUST end with its extension, thus it will inevitably be cached in forum signatures. But I'm thinking of writing a small script that gives you a GDU url with image extension, but it actually runs PHP. It will take your image from your stream URL and change the headers so it doesn't cache. So the same URL every single time, but it was always have to reload each time and thus give you up to date steam details.

Actually I think you may be able to hack the forum security by doing this: myimage.png?v=423562642.png. Same thing, except that won't help in your situation coz the string has to change for it not be cached, coz the headers for that image allow it to be cached. If that makes sense.

I would like something like what the profile shows for steam. that updates instantly. the sec i went offline it said i was offline here.
zvNLpPD.png

any way you could make a bbcode or some html we can put in our sig to display that?

When I check my steam account here on GDuUUee that I am away. And I am always away, unless I start talking to you or Bob.

I support Polraudio's feedback of having these things on to our signatures.

Edited by Omar510