New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Various games section tweaks

No-logo default image in public listings

Logo upload functionality has only just been built into the games section, so previously people's avatars were used in the public games listing. This has been removed, and in place will be a default no-logo image.

4f1b83e9e4af18a58d7d6cadea30bb10.png

This looks really bad if you want people to actually click into your page!

Design option: border radius

It was easy to do so I quickly implemented the ability to change the degree of round-ness of the borders in the game page. This can be found in the design settings:

240085f202359325b5f7cd78ea49acf1.png

And here's what it does. Let me know if the description confuses you guys, coz border radius is the web dev term:

85959092bdb415f0327468816d63f857.png = 10 and 058e9924a94588288e071304bff077af.png = 0.

Game page clean up

Various design flaws on the game page have been cleaned up. In particular there's a new footer espciailly for the games pages (for free users). Our GDU footer is inappropriate as it has links to all of our stuff etc. and would likely confuse visitors who enter via google or direct links. Recently I have removed most of the GDU branding as a selling point of the GDU games section. My goal was to make it as unobtrusive as possible to give authors the feeling that it was their own website. This footer rounds that off.

6dc68eeabb3474f23556220840d1f9fa.png

Thoughts + suggestions? I will endeavor to create a blog system ASAP. It's my top priority right now.