New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Game Section Updates: Logo, cover image and listing

Hi all,

Logos

Finally, there is now functionality to upload logos for your games in the game section. The  logo can appear in the both the public games listing and the cover, although the cover is optional:

b7a17956a864dc87986f124c7a1c7172.png

6295000b291e6817e582d5c43a3e056b.png

3b5e3bd7bd70d7b9a61057f5110fefe0.png

The logo is good to have in the cover both for SEO and the ability of your visitors to click it to return to the homepage (if you've got pages enabled).

Cover image design options

There is now a bunch of options for your cover image, including the ability to tile it or stretch it to fit. As well as that, you can now enable a full-width cover image, for example: http://www.gdunlimited.net/games/rmu-staff

9dd7cbdc79453b694e3cbf333d2ac263.png

No more GDU default header

There is no longer our global default header at the top of every page. It is now replaced with a strip and our logo. I want you guys to really feel ownership over your pages, they goal is to make them truly their own website for your game. Pro users of course will have the option to remove any GDU branding.

2309a4c1a5a90fb7c48a7238d3b4211a.png

Public listing design tweak

Not particularly noteworthy, but the design is brought more into line with the latest GDU design, and logos will now show up in the image instead of your avatars. So I really recommend updating your game pages with a logo.

18523a9b8143d28f09eb1c66d4b2b487.png

In the future I hope to bring in sweeping functionality updates to the listing. This will mainly be a filter and pagination. The filter will allow you to sort games by [create date, update date, views, downloads, etc] + [engine] + [genre] + [age restriction]. So you will be able to combine each of these groups in filtering games. We have 48 published games, but only 13 with anything downloadable.

Yep, I'd be great if you guys could report any bugs / suggestions. These are minor things, but the priority is going to be on design flexibility and a blog system.

Currently working on this

dc551a15e76d401dbb3cad62bc7afafe.png

Reporting. Hide logo for game pages doesn't seems to work. I put the setting to hide but it still appear in top-left of my game pages.