New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
EmilyAnnCoons

[XP] Summoning System

I was inspired to post this when I saw red-eyes' summoning system. This is a system similar to what he/she has, but takes care of many problems his/her system had.

Pros

Monsters vanish after a fight

Summons can level up

Cons (though some may be though of as Pros)

Player who summons is not brought back if the monster dies

Different Common Events per monster

Different spells per monster

Character who summons gains no experience at the end of battle

Only one character may have summoning spells

The System

I apologize for the lack of screenshots. I'll try to get some up.

1. Go into the Database and open the "Actors" tab.
  2. Make a new character, and give him the desired stats you desire, then name him something (i.e. "Skeleton")
  3. Go into the Classes tab and make a unique class for that monster (or just "Summon" if you plan on having each monster know the same skills)
  4. Go into the Weapons tab and make a unique weapon only usable by that monster. (i.e. "Rusty Sword")
  5. Go into the Armors tab and make at least one piece of armor only usable by that monster. (i.e. "Rusty Chainmail")
  6. Go back into the Classes tab and set the monster up.
  7. Go into the Common Events tab.
  8. Give a name to your common event that will match your summon for easier reference (i.e. "Summon Skeleton")
  9. Use the following commands in the following order:
    Change Party Member: Remove *Character with Summoning Spells*
    Change Party Member: Add *Monster Being Summoned*
    Show Animation: Actor No. 4 *Whatever animation you think is best for summons* (I used 4 because the character who summons things in my game is always the last in the group)
    Control Switches: [##] = ON (i.e. 1)
  10. Continue this process until you have all your summons.
  11. Make a new Common Event and name it "Desummon"
  12. Set Desummon to trigger at "Parallel Process" with the switch being whichever you used in your previous Common Event (i.e. 1 from the last example)
  13. Use the following commands in this order:
    Change Party Member: Remove *Summon* (repeat this line until ALL summons are listed before going onto the next line)
    Change Party Member: Add *Summoner*
    Show Animation: Actor No. 4 *Whatever animation you think is best for summons*
    Control Switches: [##] = OFF (same as the switches above, i.e. 1 in this example)
  14. Now go into the Skills tab and make one skill for each summon. Set it up so that all it does is activate that summons Common Event, and make 100% sure it can be used in battle only.
  15. Go to the Classes tab and give the skills to whichever class will be your summoner.

That's all there is to it! It's a long, involved process, but it does cause the player to change back when the battle ends. It also allows for massive amounts of summons. So, I hope that helped out a lot...I use this system in Crystals of Chaos...which I have yet to be able to release (stupid glitches and graphics! ><) I will post a demo and screenshots when I can...but I can't right now...sorry...

Guest Hellfire Dragon

It looks good. I'm trying to my summoning system better now, especially the the major problem that mine doesn't change the monster you summoned back to the original summoner. I'll try yours out and then see if I can make mine better ^_^

EDIT: I got my summoning system working perfectly :) (I think)