New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
whoopdefuckindoo

So I noticed...

...that there are a lot of stolen resources here without proper credits? Is that a thing now? I thought people had to actually give proper credit when adding to the site. I mean, this isn't 2005 any more.

Anyway, I noticed that Celianna's stuff was under some other guys' name, and that the commercial DS charactersets were up under RatedR for Franklin or whatever his name is. Couldn't the site get into trouble for that, considering they're commercial pieces?

Just wondering, since I was considering putting some of my own works up, but I wouldn't want to put them on a site where stolen stuff is allowed in case the members decided to, you know, steal.

Can anyone clear this up for me? 

I'm glad you made this topic (btw you coulda logged in with your old account). Now I'm sure you've been in contact with Celianna or there's a topic somewhere flaming this site or whatever.

Celianna contacted me regarding her resources. They were wrongfully and regrettably uploaded by a member (not a staff member). Now, members have permissions to upload images. Clearly it is impractical for staff to search the internet for identical images and determine whether they're entitled to upload or not.

The solution here is for members like you, who know that works are wrongfully uploaded, to report them. That's all that can be reasonably done after a member wrongfully uploads them. Celianna did it and her works were immediately removed, although I'm sure she wasn't impressed with my message and obviously that's been passed onto you. I assure you (and her) there's no conspiracy to pirate commercial resources.

Although I do encourage members to upload their resources for free to take away certain commercial sales. That is definitely a goal of mine, because I think the majority of people using RPG Maker shouldn't need to buy resources.

There's no issue here. Start reporting so we can clean it up. Also, uploads are currently disabled (unless you're really smart and can find the link).

Oh, I wasn't aware I'd already signed up! I tried a few of my username/password combinations but nothing hit so I assumed I'd not been on this site yet. Sorry about that. >.<;

I didn't know Celianna had already contacted you. I found the site through google while looking for RM forums - it's something I do when I'm bored and that was the case tonight - and when I saw the DS stuff I was concerned since I know they're commercial (having bought them myself). Then I saw Celianna's stuff (I've used some of them myself in the past and I know that those ones are for purchase only) and saw that her name wasn't credited, so thought I'd bring it to attention. 

I did try to report them but I kept getting a bug for some reason. A red box saying there was an error in line 121 or something like that. Hence the topic. Sorry if that's the wrong way to go about it and I wasn't sure where to put the topic since it is relating to RMVXAce stuff. ^.^;

Anyway, glad it's sorted. I'll be happy to share some of my stuff when the uploads are working, though, since it seems you're decently on the ball and at least listen when someone reports. Thanks for taking it seriously. It's really nice to see. ^.^

I'll stop using this account and go back to my old one if that's okay. It probably already has stuff on it. Sorry for the double account! >.<

I'll just chime in here really quick. I really appreciate this thread. Stolen content is a huge issue on forums. As an artist, I feel strongly towards the creators whose content is stolen or goes uncredited. If anyone sees anything that they recognize, and you are fairly certain that it belongs to someone whose name is missing from the credits, please report it ASAP.

Yeah if I see that something's been stolen I report it. But it's kinda hard with all the stuff that's around.

The solution here is for members like you, who know that works are wrongfully uploaded, to report them.

Yep, that's what it's there for.

I did try to report them but I kept getting a bug for some reason. A red box saying there was an error in line 121 or something like that. Hence the topic. Sorry if that's the wrong way to go about it and I wasn't sure where to put the topic since it is relating to RMVXAce stuff. ^.^;

I'll add it to the bug report.

I didn't know Celianna had already contacted you. I found the site through google while looking for RM forums

If that is so then it's an amazing coincidence, because Celianna contacted me no more than 2 hours before you posted this topic. I made the assumption given that, and the manner in which you posted.

Thanks for taking it seriously. It's really nice to see. ^.^

Of course :) The trouble is I'm awfully busy with the actual construction of the website, I struggle to find for anything else (or any other hobbies for that matter...). It wouldn't make sense to spend so much time building a website just to sabotage it's reputation like that. At any rate, it's completely dishonest and it goes without saying that it needs to be taken seriously. Artists need that sort of protection.

I've only had 3 hours sleep in the last 48 hours (yay exams) but I managed to create an extremely flexible reporting system for all of the sections I have built (which are most of content sections: scripts, tuts and resources so far). The reporting system is currently live on every single article of content, including each of the images in the resources sections, in particular on the grid view. The reporting system is quick an easy. If loads a popup, you enter a message, and send the report away. Anyone can report content; its open to both members and guests. Once I write it, these reports will be immediately recognized the 5 staff members who are global moderators or higher, meaning the reports are likely to be dealt with quickly, or at least brought to the attention of the entire moderating staff. Once I write these functions for us staff, I will make an official announcement on the matter because I intend to create new policies (I finally get to practice my law skills :P) in relation to members who upload, the manner in which the staff shall deal with reports, and to encourage members (and lurkers) to start reporting content where that content is wrongfully uploaded to uphold the integrity of our gallery. Such content really taints the works of those who have uploaded their own content to our site.

The vision we have for this site requires us to step up the level of dedication to dealing with such content and protecting artists.