New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Alza1234

[RMXP]Final Fantasy 7: Starter Kit

Final Fantasy 7: Starter Kit

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, everyone! I bring to you my project that I have made, using several other peoples scripts and sprites. Don't worry: They will be credited. I will post updates whenever I can. I would like to introduce you to the FF7:SK, or the Final Fantasy 7: Starter Kit. We all know the story of the FF7 game. But now, you can make your own!

This spoiler contains the progress of the kit.

Progress:

Sprites: 50%
Audio: COMPLETED
Battlers: 50%
Battle System: COMPLETED
Materia System: COMPLETED
Other (Game over, title, windowscreen): COMPLETED
Skills: 3%
Weapons: 50%

Armor: 50%
Items: COMPLETED
Playable Demo: 25%

The kit will be making use of The RMXP SDK, SephirothSpawn's Materia System, AcedentProne's menu setup script, Blizzard's Easy Overdrive System and Slipknot's and Dubealex's Letter by Letter message window. Other than that, the usual RMXP scripts are being used.

Credit for this project goes to:

Near Fantastica, SephirothSpawn and Wachunga for the RMXP SDK

SephirothSpawn for the Materia System

AcedentProne for the menu setup script

Blizzard for the Easy Overdrive System

Slipknot and Dubealex for the Letter by Letter message window
Sithjester for the sprites of Aerith, Cid, Red XIII, Barret, Yuffie, Cait Sith, Jenova, Rufus, Reno, Rude, Elena, Tseng, the honeybees and Tonberry

Enu, Atoa, Kylock, Mr Bubble, cairn, Shu, Moonlight, NightWalker, XRXS, Squall, KGC, Herena Isaberu and Epinor Flamblade for the Enu SBS Tankentai XP script

There are some screenies in the attachments. If you would like to contribute, here is what I am missing: all enemy sprites (minus sephiroth and jenova), all battlers (minus sephiroth) and if someone wants to make icons for weapons and armor and equipment, that would be much appreciated! :3

Thanks!

Edit: All spells added and new battle system implemented.

Edit2: Some Enemy skills and Cloud and Tifa's Limit Break's added. Some items added.

Edit3: Due to deletion of files, I am sad to report this project is cancelled until further notice.

Edit4: Project back on :D

Edit5: We need someone to get us some Enemy Battlers please :3 Much appreciated.

Edit6: Items are done :3

post-13298-0-61731500-1364563520_thumb.png

post-13298-0-80766900-1364563571_thumb.jpg

post-13298-0-17315600-1364623357_thumb.png

Edited by Alza1234

Suggetion for the battle system, you can probably use Atoa's CBS as it has front view and sideview. Doesn't FF7 have front view?

Suggetion for the battle system, you can probably use Atoa's CBS as it has front view and sideview. Doesn't FF7 have front view?

it was a side view battle system with a dynamic camera moving depending on the attack. But yeah Atoa's might work, but it could pose a problem with other scripts. I know when i tried integrating other scripts with it I got some bad errors that couldn't be fixed.

it was a side view battle system with a dynamic camera moving depending on the attack. But yeah Atoa's might work, but it could pose a problem with other scripts. I know when i tried integrating other scripts with it I got some bad errors that couldn't be fixed.

No problems! I have found a sideview battle script and have added it to the kit. There is a new screenshot in the first post.

The battle system looks great! I  don't really like Final Fantasy, but maybe you can try using a more final fantasy like windowskin! Good luck!

The battle system looks great! I  don't really like Final Fantasy, but maybe you can try using a more final fantasy like windowskin! Good luck!

I believe he's well aware that's not a final Fantasy windowskin, especially since this is just a work in progress.

I believe he's well aware that's not a final Fantasy windowskin, especially since this is just a work in progress.

Yeah. I'm still looking for a windowskin after all. :D

And thanks, dolarmak :) Also, currently working on the items, weapons and armor lists

You could probably find someone to convert this VX FFVII menu script: http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=38134.0

Also looking up FFVII menu on Google shows you just need a darker blue with rounded corners: https://www.google.com/search?q=final+fantasy+VII+menu&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=sD5aUab5HIX6iwKF8YHIBQ&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1436&bih=656#imgrc=_

EDIT:

I also found this for RMXP.

Edited by Noob Saibot

You could probably find someone to convert this VX FFVII menu script: http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=38134.0

Also looking up FFVII menu on Google shows you just need a darker blue with rounded corners: https://www.google.com/search?q=final+fantasy+VII+menu&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=sD5aUab5HIX6iwKF8YHIBQ&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1436&bih=656#imgrc=_

EDIT:

I also found this for RMXP.

Oh, I already have that menu system. The windowskin i might not bother with until everything else is done.

After a long time worrying about this project being lost forever, I have decided to start it again, using the resources I could find easily. So, this project is back on track.   :)

I have a custom Final Fantasy Windowskin I made, as well as a script (i did not make) that allows the player to use a single cursor pointer, instead of an entire highlighted bar to select your actions, if you're interested in adding it to this starter kit. I also have a script that you can use to make the title screen much flashier, and look more like the original. I have a couple sprites as well, like Cloud on his Fenrir, or just the Fenrir bike itself. I also made a custom Buster Sword sprite that's pretty good. Also, is there not an available demo to test it and play around with it so far? Another side note: If you'd like these resources I have, just let me know. I can post them here, or PM them to you (at least I think I can do that, I've never PM'd someone >.>)

Edited by Sentay33

I have a custom Final Fantasy Windowskin I made, as well as a script (i did not make) that allows the player to use a single cursor pointer, instead of an entire highlighted bar to select your actions, if you're interested in adding it to this starter kit. I also have a script that you can use to make the title screen much flashier, and look more like the original. I have a couple sprites as well, like Cloud on his Fenrir, or just the Fenrir bike itself. I also made a custom Buster Sword sprite that's pretty good. Also, is there not an available demo to test it and play around with it so far? Another side note: If you'd like these resources I have, just let me know. I can post them here, or PM them to you (at least I think I can do that, I've never PM'd someone >.>)

That would be a big help Sentay :3 And I will post a demo when I cover a couple of basic monsters and fix up stats and such. You can post them here if you like ^-^ Teamwork and such

I am still working on this guys. So don't worry. I have had to put it to the side for a while to work on a horror.

Are you still updating this? http://www.gdunlimited.net/games/final-fantasy-7-starter-kit

I plan to implement a blog system in the games pages, which I think would be perfect for you :3

I am indeed. I haven't had a chance to pop back into it though. And thats awesome :D