New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Moonpearl

Somebody playing Starcraft II?

Hi guys,

I've been playing Starcraft II a lot lately and getting bored to be on my own (not that I'm badass or anything, just playing with strangers in itself bothers me). So I was wondering, maybe I could find people to play with if any of you are into the game as well. I'm not exactly looking for opponents (there are plenty of them on the net already), but rather, partners to play coop. I'm not quite an instinctive player, I'm more into planning ahead, and I enjoy trying to make up strategies together with other people, especially since coop makes it possible to do things you can't when alone. I actually have one IRL friend who does play SC2 too, but she's extremely busy and thus virtually never available.

As for my player profile, I play Terran and am in Bronze league. I actually think I'm worth better than just Bronze but I'm just a casual player and play very few games compared with other people on the ladder, I think that's why I don't get a better rank easily. Otherwise I have a thorough knowledge of my race's specs and my micro skills aren't bad either.

Just let me know if you're interested to play along with me.

Cheers!

Well, as far as people playing SC II goes, I know for certain that including myself there are three other people who play. Dragon, and Arkbennet both play. What region are you playing on? If your playing in europe than we probably won't be able to play until HOTS drops.

Aw, right, I hadn't thought about this region stuff. Yes I'm from Europe. I have no idea how this affects the ability to play together though.

I play once in a while but i dont play normal starcraft cause i completely suck at it. I just stick to playing Desert Strike, and Nexus wars. Those games its all about countering what your enemy puts out. They are Tug of War maps.

What do you call "normal Starcraft" Pol?

If your playing in europe than we probably won't be able to play until HOTS drops.

I can confirm I'm able to play outside of Europe as of today is anyone was still wondering about it. :)

By normal i mean any normal play like the story. you know you build base, enemy build base, you both build units, and kill eachother. Im never quick enough to play like that. by the time i even get units out im dead already.

Well that covers about every aspects of SC2, doesn't it? I'm confused because you said

I play once in a while but i dont play normal starcraft

Like you were implying you play "non-normal" Starcraft, that's why I'm wondering.

I think what Pol means is he just plays customs games. And none of the online versuses.

Anyways I'm a noob at SC2, Arkbennet was training me and then my computer SSD messed up. Now I finally got everything set back up I will probably get back into it. But I could probably play with you something and Ark probably would too.

Hey guys, so it's been a while since I posted this, but I've been playing again lately, aaaand, well, I guess I'm still at loss of partners. Quite a few things have changed though, so let me advertise again. :)

• we can change regions at will so I can play on American servers if needed and others can play on European servers with no problems.
  • due to the spawning feature (not quite new but posterior to my initial post) you will be able to enjoy the full multiplayer contents of SC2 as long as you play along with someone who's bought the game (like me for instance). So it just take a download on your part and you're good to go.
  • there's a mod which mimics the upcoming expansion around, and we get to try the new Archon mode, which means playing as allies but sharing units and buildings, which makes it a lot easier to learn specific parts of the game if you're a beginner while the more experienced player takes care of the rest.

Also, please note that I'm by no means a hardcore player. Plus, I enjoy playing as a team more than one against another anyways, so don't worry if you feel like a noob, I'm not going to abuse your level. And I know all 3 races well enough to teach any of them if you need, though I obviously have my own preferences.

Don't hesitate to contact me so we can add each other in the game and have some good time. :)