New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
arnquist

gamepad not detected (please help!)

Question

I know I can use Joy2key to work around this, but I'd really like to get RPGM to detect the gamepad on its own.

I haven't used RPG maker in several months and now it's not detecting gamepads. I have an Xbox 360 controller and a Logitech controller. I tried both of them in all 3 USB ports, restarting the game each time. It doen't work even with a fresh project, so it's not a problem with custom scripts. The game pads work fine for other games, why is RPG maker not detecting them anymore?

3 answers to this question

Just tested mine and it works fine. Only problem is that the directional buttons don't work for movement.

Here are the controls:

Left Analog = Movement

X = Accept

B = Cancel

Select/Back = Page Up

Start = Page Down

Make sure to hit F1 in game and go to the gamepad tab and set the following controls if they are not set. If they are not set you did something.

Eo4fH.png

And you might also want to go into your game controller config to make sure the actual controller is working fine which it should be since you said it works on other things.

xebtr.png

I figured it out! All I had to do was make it the prefered device under advanced options. Weird. Thanks for suggesting that joy.cpl menu. ^_^

Edited by arnquist