New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Can anybody give me a DIRECT download to RPG Maker VX Ace Trial? All of the links I have found do not work. I mean the whole folder you originally download.

I don't know why but the RMVX Ace announcement with this link isn't working at the moment. Here's the link www.rmxpunlimited.net/RPGVXAce_Setup.zip

Try and squeeze in some keywords in your topic title next time. wink.png

Okay so I got it and everything, but it dosen't support my extraction thing. I'm using XP though, so is that the problem?

Ahhahahah oh god ahaha.

Just download 7zip and use that to extract it, also upgrade your OS.

WinXP natively supports .ZIP format, you don't even need 7-zip (although you SHOULD have 7-zip because it kicks ass, and everybody uses it). Did you try simply double-clicking the file, and drag-dropping the folder within somewhere else?

WinXP natively supports .ZIP format, you don't even need 7-zip (although you SHOULD have 7-zip because it kicks ass, and everybody uses it). Did you try simply double-clicking the file, and drag-dropping the folder within somewhere else?

Sure .zip is supported, but one zip file is not the same as another zip file, there are many levels of zip compression, WindowsXP may not support the specific level Marked used. 7zip to be safe.

Ahhahahah oh god ahaha.

Lol I loved XP. I only upgraded less than a year ago :P

Sure .zip is supported, but one zip file is not the same as another zip file, there are many levels of zip compression, WindowsXP may not support the specific level Marked used. 7zip to be safe.

I didn't compress it myself, this file is straight from enterbrains email-stealing site. I could uncompress it and reupload it, but in what type of compression?

1. Nobody bothers with varied .zip compression levels. If they want it stronger, they use a different compression, like .rar or .7z.2. The above mentioned file was not zipped in any special format. It is a "normal" zip, and one that WinXP DOES unzip by default3. As I stated, I recommend a different compression program, I was just saying that the format was not the problem.