New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Marked

RPG Maker VX Ace

I think this thread should be combined with the one Marked put up, as I don't think there needs to be 2.

Merged topics. I hope I did that right...first time I've ever had to merge topics...xD

Also, while I cannot confirm this at all and nothing official has been announced, I have found information hinting at RGSS3 carrying Ruby 1.9. If this turns out to not be true, please don't start chucking produce at me. It's merely a prediction based off of evidence I've accumulated over the last month or so.

If Enterbrain does not upgrade to the Ruby 1.9.x interpreter, I b mad bro. There would be no excuse not to, Ruby is free, open source and can natively/directly interface with C.

On the website that stardust posted, it stated RGSS3 would be faster at processing, which to me sounds like they have upgraded the interpreter, as the major fix from (I have probably stated this a lot already lol) 1.8.x to 1.9.x was processing speed.

but anyways,

can I say for the 1000th time I REALLY CAN'T WAIT FOR OFFICIAL INFO ON RGSS3????

Thanks for the link stardust. Added to the main post.

Hope it doesnt cost that much. They really need to improve the tileset.

They said this is a new version of VX. I am still hoping I can transfer current projects to Ace. Why would they release new title sets and then make a new program? Some people maybe making games with the new resources, they just brought.

They said this is a new version of VX. I am still hoping I can transfer current projects to Ace. Why would they release new title sets and then make a new program? Some people maybe making games with the new resources, they just brought.

You cant. Lower right of the English site says.

Game data created in 'RPG Maker VX' cannot be used with 'RPG Maker VX Ace'.

However, previous graphics and audio (BGM/BGS/ME/SE) may be used, as the standards have not been changed.

Its because they added new things and they wont be compatible with the old database items.

That's stupid. People just brought the new graphics and are making games. Now some people may have to start all over. Damn.

That's stupid. People just brought the new graphics and are making games. Now some people may have to start all over. Damn.

Yea its very stupid. I bet someone from one of the RPG Maker communities will make a tool that you can use to convert your project from VX to VXA.

You can use the new graphics with VXA so no worries there.

Yea its very stupid. I bet someone from one of the RPG Maker communities will make a tool that you can use to convert your project from VX to VXA.

You can use the new graphics with VXA so no worries there.

I hope someone will do that. Or maybe we should mention it on the official RPG Maker facebook page.

I hope someone will do this for XP, or at least the maps. Currently I'm kinda unsure if I should continue with my RMXP-project or wait for Ace, since it looks really promising.