New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Marked

RPG Maker VX Ace

Source: http://ebten.jp/eb-store/p/4582350663051/

More Information(in English): http://www.rpgmakervxace.com/tkool/products/rpgvxace/index.html

logo.jpg

Based on its predecessor "RPG Maker VX", the event command system and various other areas have been strengthened.

Create your own character graphics by simply using a combination of the supplied original parts. This is one way that game production functions have been revamped substantially.

As the latest installment of the RPG Maker series for Windows, this software becomes the trump card (ace) of RPG production.

• Feature 1: New functionality to create your original characters, and migration to RGSS3 for scripting!

Even if you are unable to draw up graphics, an original character can be made from the combination of parts with the built in "Character Maker" and "Face Graphic Maker". One of many new features to assist with RPG production! In addition, for those with knowledge in extensibility (Script Editing) we've made things much easier with the introduction of "RGSS3".

chara.jpg

• Feature 2: Additional Enhancements to Basic Functions

Event commands have been strengthened and additional optional settings have been given. For example, there is a newly added function for specialties called "Feature" in which things like "Provoke" and "Protect" which have become standards in many famous RPGs can be added with ease.

data.jpg

• Feature 3: Making Combat More Interesting with a "Finisher System"

A third gauge called the "TP Gauge" has been implemented following the well-known HP and MP gauges. TP can be accumulated in the course of battle and can be released for use of a finisher! Customizing how TP and the rest of the system works is entirely possible.

bat.jpg

*The game screen is under development

and does not depict the final product.

>

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or Equivalent

Memory: 512MB or More

HDD: 400MB Free Space or More

Display: Resolution of 1024x768 or More

Other: Compatabile with both 32 and 64 bit OS

© 2011 ENTERBRAIN, INC. / YOJI OJIMA

From what I read on other forums, theres not much actually done to the vx ace. Besides some fancy new gadgets, its the same engine.

Well, you guys started a petition...wink.gif

Ya for a new, more powerful engine with all things that from both VX and XP combine along with few more things. From what I'm reading, it seems to be the same engine as VX with some new things.

:o :o

FINALLY. Apparently they have also upgraded to RGSS3 :D I HOPE IT IS ACTUALLY AN IMPROVEMENT. And, I REALLY REALLY hope it is released soon, before I put too much progress into my game's scripting. I know if RGSS3 comes out before my game is released I am moving from RGSS2 to 3, no matter how much rewriting it will take, hence why I hope it's before large amounts of progress.

Yea, so i guess I am just excited for the new class library... XD Can we pray for hardware acceleration...or is that too soon? I mean, RGSS2 started using double buffering in fullscreen (which in its own rights is a basic form of hardware acceleration)

Awesome! Maybe VX Ace will have something that will finally make me sit down and work out a story for it. Maybe they updated the square mapping? :clap:

Basically they have improved the event system, added the character and face generator where you select parts to make them, and you also have special moves for characters which use a TP guage.

Basically they have improved the event system, added the character and face generator where you select parts to make them, and you also have special moves for characters which use a TP guage.

TP gauge sounds awesome. Wonder what new things will be added to the event system.

I don't want to sound like a debby-downer, but it isn't a lot to added to the system to rehash it out...They should fix the tileset problem, and actually listen to their buyers and fans. :o

English trailer should be out soon as it is coming out spring time, just like how they did with VX.

The stuff they made,is stuff we, the consumers have made already.

Technically they just made it more noob friendly then VX already was, instead of just making a brand new engine.

I'm not impressed...

1) The name itself is enough to make me suspicious as to new features or revamping old ones.

They sound like the MOVIE industry in America, "any one got any new ideas?" |"No." | "Lets just do a remake." | "Sounds good."

However, being as opened minded as I am, I willing to wait and see, but I'm not expecting to even see new features that people actually want or need.

The battle system needs to change. The current battle system is unattractive. They're still not listening to us.

Enterbrain is real funny :lol:

13,440 Yen = $175.00 USD

for this knock off system of VX :nono4: . It should be like 20-30 USD especally since its not a brand new system but a upgraded version of VX.

=====================================================

Source: http://ebten.jp/eb-store/p/4582350663051/

logo.jpg

Based on its predecessor "RPG Maker VX", the event command system and various other areas have been strengthened.

Create your own character graphics by simply using a combination of the supplied original parts. This is one way that game production functions have been revamped substantially.

As the latest installment of the RPG Maker series for Windows, this software becomes the trump card (ace) of RPG production.

• Feature 1: New functionality to create your original characters, and migration to RGSS3 for scripting!

Even if you are unable to draw up graphics, an original character can be made from the combination of parts with the built in "Character Maker" and "Face Graphic Maker". One of many new features to assist with RPG production! In addition, for those with knowledge in extensibility (Script Editing) we've made things much easier with the introduction of "RGSS3".

chara.jpg

• Feature 2: Additional Enhancements to Basic Functions

Event commands have been strengthened and additional optional settings have been given. For example, there is a newly added function for specialties called "Feature" in which things like "Provoke" and "Protect" which have become standards in many famous RPGs can be added with ease.

data.jpg

• Feature 3: Making Combat More Interesting with a "Finisher System"

A third gauge called the "TP Gauge" has been implemented following the well-known HP and MP gauges. TP can be accumulated in the course of battle and can be released for use of a finisher! Customizing how TP and the rest of the system works is entirely possible.

bat.jpg

*The game screen is under development

and does not depict the final product.

<< "RPG Maker VX Ace" Software Requirements >>

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or Equivalent

Memory: 512MB or More

HDD: 400MB Free Space or More

Display: Resolution of 1024x768 or More

Other: Compatabile with both 32 and 64 bit OS

© 2011 ENTERBRAIN, INC. / YOJI OJIMA

Note from Esrever: I'd like to point out that the mentioned function [Feature] may end up being called something else. It is a Japanese word with a few different meanings. The romaji for it is tokuchou. I really couldn't decide what it could be best translated to without knowing a bit more about it. The context really doesn't give too much away. In any case, I will be doing an English translation of the program when it arrives (likely the Japanese trial first), as well as more information as it becomes available and brought to my attention. If anyone has any information that they think I might be interested in, please be kind enough to send it my way through PM or other means. If I have time, and I think the community would like an English version of said material, I'll do my best to see it happen. Thanks!

What do you mean it is an upgraded version of VX? Can current VX projects be transferred to this new system? It's not clear about this.

What do you mean it is an upgraded version of VX? Can current VX projects be transferred to this new system? It's not clear about this.

I Believe it said this in my post

Plus

No, because it uses upgraded scripting ruby system. That would we require you to rewrite your game scripting. Other then RGSS3 and the character maker, it looks the same. But we'll see when its release, for now I won't have my hopes up.

Edited by bigace

Finally! I hope they don't short change us like they did with the original VX by taking out useful features. I can't wait to see Ace in action.

$175.00???? That is disgusting...it better be a good maker.

The battle system needs to change. The current battle system is unattractive. They're still not listening to us.

Hate to be a downer, but I doubt they will ever completely rehaul the battle system, and there a couple reasons:

1. Because of the scripting system; the engine is completely visible. Because of this, the battle system NEEDS to be as generic as possible-so the users can easily build it up/around it. The more specific the battle system become, the more specific the scripts become and the more specific the scripts are, the harder it is to modify them; if the battle system is too specific one would have to rewrite the entire thing for simple changes.

2. Graphics (possibly laziness?)-to completely rehaul the battle system, it would require enterbrain to get ALOT more graphics (say, moving to animated battlers).

Although, maybe one day they will make a better one. You never know...

Feature 1: New functionality to create your original characters, and migration to RGSS3 for scripting!

UGH. I wish they would release more information on RGSS3...

Although I'd doubt it would ever happen; I would LOVE to see them move to OpenGL or some kind of opensource (or at LEAST multi-platform) graphics library; AND a better sound library would be nice too. WELL, most of all, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM USE THE Ruby 1.9.2 interpreter. (c'mon enterbrain, you aren't even using the latest 1.8.x version >.<)

Finally! I hope they don't short change us like they did with the original VX by taking out useful features. I can't wait to see Ace in action.

One can only hope lol. Maybe they will bring back some of the useful things they took out!

UGH. I wish they would release more information on RGSS3...

Although I'd doubt it would ever happen; I would LOVE to see them move to OpenGL or some kind of opensource (or at LEAST multi-platform) graphics library; AND a better sound library would be nice too. WELL, most of all, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM USE THE Ruby 1.9.2 interpreter. (c'mon enterbrain, you aren't even using the latest 1.8.x version >.<)

Wait VX doesn't use ruby 1.8?

Edited by bigace

Wait VX doesn't use ruby 1.8?

oh i kinda said it funny, it uses (I THINK) 1.8.2; I meant it doesn't even use the latest 1.8 (which would be 1.8.6)

although, really, the update to 1.9 was the REAL update. They fixed a lot of speed issues and other things

I was quite suprised when I stumbled upon this site here:

RPG Maker VX Ace

main_18824_500x500.jpg

Apparently enterbrain is going to release a new version of RPG Maker VX with really interessting features (coming from a person how chose not to use VX due to its tileset-limitations)

• New mapping-system. No limitations regarding tilesets
  • 100 sample maps included
  • Battle backgrounds can be composed with two images (background\panorama and ground)
  • Video playback
  • Up to 8 partymembers (4 active)
  • RGSS3

Someone also posted an inofficial translation of the website here => http://www.rpgmakervxace.com/tkool/products/rpgvxace/

This sounds really exciting! What do you think?

:o

Looks cool, can't wait till it comes out! By then I hope I would be able to afford it.

I think this thread should be combined with the one Marked put up, as I don't think there needs to be 2.

:o

Looks cool, can't wait till it comes out! By then I hope I would be able to afford it.

Well...

Concerning the Price...

You need to take into account that at launch, XP cost 9,800 JPY (127.15 USD). Then we have VX with a cost of 10,290 JPY (133.50 USD). Now that brings us to VX Ace breaking the bank at 13,440 JPY (174.35 USD). Those are the prices for the products in Japan. Keep this in mind. When they brought English localizations over, the significantly reduced the price of each product in respect to the exchange rates. At launch, each version of XP (now $30) and VX cost $60 USD. That... for all intents and purposes is half the cost of what the average Japanese consumer had to pay. So, yes Ace will cost more. Three times the price? Not even close. If the trend continues, I'd suspect the English version to be around $90.

Also, while I cannot confirm this at all and nothing official has been announced, I have found information hinting at RGSS3 carrying Ruby 1.9. If this turns out to not be true, please don't start chucking produce at me. It's merely a prediction based off of evidence I've accumulated over the last month or so.