Complete Climate and Time System (CCTS)
This script will give you TOTAL control of weather and time in your game. It will allow you to set up different climates that use different weather patterns, tints, sounds, and effects. It is also a complete Time System that gives you full control of, and keeps track of, time, with every possible configuration at your disposal. Note this script comes with a preset config that will be suitable for most's needs, but it can be configured to the most extreme level if so desired, which will require more work. It is not necessary to do this, but the ability is there.
- Automatic weather control with defined types, frequency, probabilities, tints, and sounds for any and every map in your game.
- Weather tint and BGS will fade in/out smoothly with the weather for a very realistic feel
- Configurable screen tints for every climate, month, and hour that will smoothly transition over the course of each hour, not transition to day or night in matter of seconds.
- Completely configurable calendar system that can use custom names for days and months, custom month lengths, etc.
- Can easily use configurable switches and variables for event conditions based off the hour of the day, the season of the year, or the current weather.
- Comes with a clock that can be toggled on/off by the player, with custom location, opacity, and font name/size options.
- Also have option to use an analog clock.
- Complete control to freeze the time, screen tone, weather, or time speed, separately or together, with simple script calls.
- Comes with error checking and a debugger for easily testing your own customization, and to help understand the system.
- Short, simple script calls for easy manipulation
- Compatible with Zer0 Advanced Weather and MAWS (v.1.2 or higher)
- Much more!
Here's the demo.
Here's the script.
Place script below default scripts, and above "Main".
I have created an application to create the scripts as well. It will output the scripts, as well as allow you to use a Window's interface to make the configuration file. It will be much easier for to configure for those who are unsure of how to properly set up the script.
It can be downloaded here:
CCTS Configuration.exe (1.33 MB)
The configuration application requires that you have Microsoft's .NET Framework 2.0 (22.96 MB) installed to work. Most users with modern PCs will likely have this on their systems already. If you need to download the framework, I would suggest that you download Microsoft's .NET Framework 4.0 (49.27 MB). It is a larger download, but offers the same features as 2.0 and much more.
See script for the big evil instructions if you choose not to use the configuration program.
High probability of issues with scripts that try to change the screen tinting and weather. This system will likely totally override any script that even thinks about it.
Credits and Thanks
- ForeverZer0, for the script.
Please report any bugs/issues/suggestions. I will be happy to fix them.