New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
ForeverZer0

Complete Climate & Time System (CCTS)

Complete Climate and Time System (CCTS)

Authors: ForeverZer0

Version: 1.2.2

Introduction

This script will give you TOTAL control of weather and time in your game. It will allow you to set up different climates that use different weather patterns, tints, sounds, and effects. It is also a complete Time System that gives you full control of, and keeps track of, time, with every possible configuration at your disposal. Note this script comes with a preset config that will be suitable for most's needs, but it can be configured to the most extreme level if so desired, which will require more work. It is not necessary to do this, but the ability is there.

Features

• Automatic weather control with defined types, frequency, probabilities, tints, and sounds for any and every map in your game.
  • Weather tint and BGS will fade in/out smoothly with the weather for a very realistic feel
  • Configurable screen tints for every climate, month, and hour that will smoothly transition over the course of each hour, not transition to day or night in matter of seconds.
  • Completely configurable calendar system that can use custom names for days and months, custom month lengths, etc.
  • Can easily use configurable switches and variables for event conditions based off the hour of the day, the season of the year, or the current weather.
  • Comes with a clock that can be toggled on/off by the player, with custom location, opacity, and font name/size options.
  • Also have option to use an analog clock.
  • Complete control to freeze the time, screen tone, weather, or time speed, separately or together, with simple script calls.
  • Comes with error checking and a debugger for easily testing your own customization, and to help understand the system.
  • Short, simple script calls for easy manipulation
  • Compatible with Zer0 Advanced Weather and MAWS (v.1.2 or higher)
  • Much more!

Screenshots

Game

CCTS_Screen1.pngCCTS_Screen2.png

Configuration

CCTS_Screen3.pngCCTS_Screen4.png

Demo

Here's the demo.

Script

Here's the script.

Instructions

Place script below default scripts, and above "Main".

I have created an application to create the scripts as well. It will output the scripts, as well as allow you to use a Window's interface to make the configuration file. It will be much easier for to configure for those who are unsure of how to properly set up the script.

It can be downloaded here:

CCTS Configuration.exe (1.33 MB)

The configuration application requires that you have Microsoft's .NET Framework 2.0 (22.96 MB) installed to work. Most users with modern PCs will likely have this on their systems already. If you need to download the framework, I would suggest that you download Microsoft's .NET Framework 4.0 (49.27 MB). It is a larger download, but offers the same features as 2.0 and much more.

See script for the big evil instructions if you choose not to use the configuration program.

Compatibility

High probability of issues with scripts that try to change the screen tinting and weather. This system will likely totally override any script that even thinks about it.

Credits and Thanks

• ForeverZer0, for the script.

Author's Notes

Please report any bugs/issues/suggestions. I will be happy to fix them.

Enjoy!

Holly *BEEP* Stop impressing me please its giving me so much inspiration lol.

Nah jk with ya. Keep up the good work.

I love this script and all your scripts, there so awesome and give me so much inspiration to work. Im so going to use this script in my game.

Thankyou very much :)

What pol said! I am especially digging the fact that you went out of your way to make a configuration application to let users easily set everything up! *high fives* I have lurked many of your scripts before, and I am glad you're still kicking around. You are my new scripting idol :3

Does the config app just output ruby script to use in rmxp? Well either way, it's genius!

What pol said! I am especially digging the fact that you went out of your way to make a configuration application to let users easily set everything up! *high fives* I have lurked many of your scripts before, and I am glad you're still kicking around. You are my new scripting idol :3

Does the config app just output ruby script to use in rmxp? Well either way, it's genius!

Yeah, it eliminates the need for doing the configuration in the editor, where some of the config can get confusing with branches inside of branches, etc. It will output a script with your configuration that can be used with CCTS, but lets you use a easier front-end GUI to do it with.

Wow, where was this when I was lurking about a year ago, piecing different scripts together to achieve what just this ONE does? You've been very active recently, hope to see more of ya :)

Thank you everyone for your comments, and I'm glad you all like. ;)

great script i am just having one problem where do i put the window thingy and can it be anywhere and when I edit it and save it it will work with rpgmakerxp?

great script i am just having one problem where do i put the window thingy and can it be anywhere and when I edit it and save it it will work with rpgmakerxp?

I'm unsure what you mean by this, can you be more specific?

@gRaViJa: Thanks. ;)

I'm having a bit of a problem with this script. This is the error I am getting:

Script 'Weather/time Script' line 946:SystemStackError occurred.

stack level too deep

I tried it in my game, then thought maybe there was a compatability problem. So I booted up a project that I use for testing tilesets that has absollutely no custom scripts, and still getting that error. Is there any fixes for this?

Edit: I figured out what it is. It's the program that generates the customization. I put just the script itself in and went in and customized from it to get it working.

Edited by Kailia

On the offchance that anyone is still watching this topic, does anything extra have to be done to get the script to work beyond exporting it from the configuration app & adding it to the game's scripts?

(Not getting any error messages, game plays as normal but can't see clock, don't appear to be getting tint/weather, 'game' is just the default new game, no added scripts etc. that might be interfering)

Wow, this is absolutely amazing! I wish I could have seen this sooner so I could have given praise sooner!

Great job on it, very impressive! :)

>Goonlalagoon

Have you made sure you meet all the requirements and have you tried CCTS Configuration.exe? It says it helps with those who are uncertain about the scripts.

This is what I am referring to. :)

The configuration application requires that you have Microsoft's .NET Framework 2.0 (22.96 MB) installed to work. Most users with modern PCs will likely have this on their systems already. If you need to download the framework, I would suggest that you download Microsoft's .NET Framework 4.0 (49.27 MB). It is a larger download, but offers the same features as 2.0 and much more.

I found that sometimes when I don't meet requirements for something it doesn't work fully.  If you haven't met the above, please do and try it out.. If it still doesn't work, I'll see what I can do. :)

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Have you tried the demo to see if it works from there as the demo should have all the material inside it.

I'm spanish and i love your script but because of my english level (is not as high as i want ): ) I cannot make it run well at all, so i have some quiestions, if it could be possible, answer me in an easy english :3

I got a game: Project 6, a project for try things with the script, and it has a few maps: MAP001, MAP002, MAP003. The three are outdoors, MAP001 is suposed to be a snow mountain, in winter (i started the project in january, 17:00) and it has got an event: An old man, and when you talks to him, the time advances 4 hours. Well. I started the game, 17:00 all correct, i talked to the man, and the time advanced 4 hours to 21:00 i talked again: 01:00 correct. Then i saw that anything had changed, the night didn,t came, it didn't snow/rain. But i think that i thought the sound of a storm for a moment.

I downloaded the demo, but i expected a game and some dialogues that could help me, but i only finded a program to modify the mod and the script. How can I solve the problem? I mean i think the problem is that i have no images such as one for the night, one for the snow... (I don´t really know, i'm only thinking) 

If that were the problem... How have i have to call the images ? If that weren`t the problem. What should i do? 

The last thing: When you asociate a map to a climate, you have to put the name of the map or its id?

I don't think you need to download any extra images - once I used the correct script, the effects just happened. They are random weather effects, though, so might just be chance that you're not seeing any in the time you're testing your game?
Not sure why the time wouldn't work (not good with scripting etc.) but is it possible that you're skipping the trigger time somehow? If you have the script set so that night comes at 22:00, and you jump to 1:00, you'd miss the time that tells the script 'now tint the screen'.