New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Apidcloud

encrypting..

Question

Hey all ^^

I've few questions i'd like to make because of encryption.

As everyone knows, rmxp encryption it's weak, so i though about doing some custom things, like encrypting my pictures/rxdata files, but i've no idea of how to start doing this.

I know that i've to change load_bitmap method, but i don't know how to start encrypting the files and that XD

Please help :P

7 answers to this question

Are you looking for a script for custom rmxp encryption or are you looking for help in making one?

If you are just looking for help, the Game Making Support forum would be a better category for this.

If you are looking for a script, I actually know where you can find one:

Blizzard's DREAM (double random encryption algorithm module)

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=76.0

Well, I don't know 'exactly' what that script does, but I was looking for a way of encrypting my project pictures, with an extension that couldn't be open as an image.

And for this, i know that i've to change load_bitmap method, but i kinda don't know exactly what to do because i dont know anything about encrypting xD

I guess i need help so, if you can move the topic, i'd really appreciate that :D

Thanks ^^

Edited by Apidcloud

Oh I see! You're more looking for a way to properly encrypt the image files. I will move the topic for you :)

As for about encrypting the image files, unfortunately I don't know much about encryption myself :/ 2 things that I can think of though, would be either Blizzards Bitmap2Code (it converts bitmaps into code so you no longer require the original file, just load the code)

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=132.0 However I have never used it before so I dunno how protected it would be.

Another Idea could be to simply rename the extension to something that isn't a recognizable image type (.dat or something) Because it isn't actually converted it should still be loaded properly by rmxp/vx, but it wouldn't be "truly" encrypted as anyone could easily rename it to it's correct type and view it.

Good luck :alright:

Well, your last idea wouldn't work since they could change the extension again...and they would be able to open the picture...

I'm going to check the link right now ^^

Thanks a lot for your help ~

@Edit:

Well, it's nothing to do with encryption XD It's just a simple code that everyone could read if they extract scripts.rxdata...

Thanks for the effort ^^

Edited by Apidcloud

Well they could get them out of the scripts.rxdata, but if you encrypt the game they would have to extract it first from the encrypted files, then get the code and find a way to convert it into a bitmap. I dunno, seems like a lot of work just for some graphics. But then again, I'm really not into the whole encryption of my rmxp games, no matter how encrypted/protected it is, if a skilled programmer/hacker REALLY wants what's in your game, nothing is gonna stop them. But that's just me. Good luck though, that's about the extent I can think of.

EDIT: Oh nvm, I just found something that might be exactly what you are looking for:

http://rpgcrisis.net/forums/topic/176-utility-rpg-maker-xpvx-encrypter/

it's an external encryption program, that encrypts the data/graphics folder.

Well, your last idea wouldn't work since they could change the extension again...and they would be able to open the picture...

I'm going to check the link right now ^^

Thanks a lot for your help ~

@Edit:

Well, it's nothing to do with encryption XD It's just a simple code that everyone could read if they extract scripts.rxdata...

Thanks for the effort ^^

There have been a few people who created methods or scripts to help do this (even the music), but they are rare and hard to find. I will list links to what I know, but I make no promisis that they work or are exactly what you are looking for:

DRGSS: .net RPG Maker XP/VX Encrypter/Decrypter

http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70525

Some Ideas from other people:

@Xzygon: actually, if you put the audio files in the Data folder, they'll be encrypted as well and can be read by calling Marshal.load before playing them.

More generally, if the built-in encryption is not enough for you (which is understandable considering its weakness), you can encrypt and decrypt the files with an external routine like a DLL.

QUOTE (ZeroManArmy @ May 6 2010, 01:44 AM) *

Cool about this debate on debugging but can anyone help me under stand how to Marshal.load to encrypt my music files?
A little snippet for that.

#==============================================================================
# Kread-EX' Music encrypter
#==============================================================================

DoEncryption = true  # Set this to false when the serialization is done.

if DoEncryption && $TEST
 dirname = File.expand_path('./Game.exe')
 dirname.slice!('Game.exe')
 Dir.mkdir(dirname + 'Data/Audio') unless File.exist?(dirname + 'Data/Audio')
 Dir.mkdir(dirname + 'Data/Audio/BGM') unless File.exist?(dirname + 'Data/Audio/BGM')
 dirname += 'Audio/BGM/'
 Dir.entries(dirname).each do |filename|
   next if ['.', '..'].include?(filename)
   ext = File.extname(dirname + filename)
   base_f = filename.dup
   base_f.slice!(ext)
   File.open(dirname + filename, 'rb') {|file| save_data(file.readlines.join, 'Data/Audio/BGM/' + base_f)}
   Graphics.update
 end
end

class RPG::BGM < RPG::AudioFile
 def play
   if @name.empty?
     Audio.bgm_stop
     @@last = BGM.new
   else
     sdata = load_data('Data/Audio/BGM/' + @name)
     File.open(@name + '.tmp', 'wb') {|file| file.write(sdata)}
     Audio.bgm_play(@name + '.tmp', @volume, @pitch)
     File.delete(@name + '.tmp')
     @@last = self
   end
 end
end

That is simple. You put that script in the editor, and it will pack the music files into the Data folder, allowing them to be encrypted with the game.

Once the conversion is done, you set the flag to false.

HELP: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39547&st=40

This one above is for MUSIC, but perhaps you can contact Kread-EX at the link above and if they are still around ask about an IMAGES one.

v/Respectfully,

Kage Kazumi

Thanks a lot, i'm going to check it out then i post something here ^^

The music encripter isnt really working... xD Nothing happens at all ._.

Edited by Apidcloud