New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Geri

Maker3D

hi.
let me show you something, dudes.

Maker3D is a powerfull 3D RPG maker environment.

The software is designed to provide user-friendly and familiar RPG creation tool for the maker-community. Software offers an easy, self-documenting clickable/writable scripting system based on BASIC programming language. With chipset and tileset based map editing, you can easilly create the universe for your game. To use the application, no programming skills needed. Maker3D ships with large built-in content, including tilesets, chipsets, monsters, avatars. Everything, you need.

Select-and-click based level edition

Just select a model from the left list by clicking with the mouse, and click on the map. Its so simple to create your rooms, cityes, houses, caves. Select a pen, and paint your ground. Select a texture, and change the ground tiles. Just like in the old 2d rpg maker softwares, Maker3D offers an easy editor system to create your maps within minutes. You need more than the built-in chipset and tilesets? No problem. Maker3D offers support for the most popular object and texture formats, including .3ds, .obj, .c, .jpg, .bmp, .tga

maker3dskin.jpg

Built-in character creator wizzard

Select the hair fashion, select the panties, select socks, shoes, gloves, etc... In Maker3D, you can just simply click together your heroes, NPC-s, and enemies. You can simple add your textures too, and the finished models does not needed to be exported: they just work. You viewing the characters in real time while you editing them, you can rotate them with the mouse, and check them from multiple directions.

Documentation-free knowledge

Handling Maker3D is even simplyer than handling the old 2d rpg creator softwares. Just check the example game, read everything wich is writed out to your screen, and put your game together.

Easy script/event editing

You can place your scripts on the world map, and you can simply write them. You not need to learn Maker3D-s syntax: just click on the command! For example, to create a script wich loads a modell, just click on the command LOAD_MODELL, select a modell from the pop-upping content browser, then point on a location on the world map. You can use variables, cycles... FOR, IF, you can build up your scripts with the help of the famous BASIC programming language. After you click or type a command, the command's syntax appears, and a tiny example that shows the working of the specified command. You can place up to 80 script on a map: they will executed parallelly. Almost 100 scripting command: text writing, messaging, sound handlig, everything you need.

Built-in battle system

Maker3D has built in HP / MP / Item / Magic / Attack / Block based, turn-based traditional JRPG battle system. You can add up to 4 hero and 4 enemy to the current battle. You can handle the battle system easilly from the script-system. Running a battle will not even break the other running scripts on the map. Add your heroes, monsters to the battle system, and enjoy the battle with the epic battlecamera system.

Loading and saving

Game created with Maker3D offers loading and saving ability, wich restores your characters, variables, and items. It even saves a screen dump, wich is associated to the save slots.

WYSIWYG

What you see is what you get. You can just try your map in Maker3D immediately, and return to the map edition. Maker3D has debugging ability: watch your variables, frame per second rate.

Save executable

Maker3D can export an executable from your game. Your exported game can be easilly shared with your friends or on the internet. Your exported game is LOGO-FREE. Its not necessarry to install your game on the users machine, its enough to be copyed. No external runtime packages, and no other horror.

Modern 3D graphics

Maker3D got modern 3D graphics, with real time lighting and real shadowing. Particles, anti-aliasing, motion-blur, glow, gamma... Everything, you need. Maker3D is the ONLY usable 3d rpg creator software. This is the only existing software wich offers the simplycity of the old 2d rpgmakers and the magic of real 3d.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhHEqpPKB7Q

Get some food, turn off the lights, sit down, and feel the power of your creativity. Create your own RPG! Get Maker3D today!

http://gerigeri.uw.hu/maker3d.html

Edited by Geri

This looks great however there are a few problems that I had with the video and website.

1st. The battle scene looked lagged.

2nd None of the heroes in the battle scene from what I could tell had any weapons.

3rd It says it uses modern graphics and I'm no expert but those to my eyes were no modern graphics.

Other than that it seems excellent I'm downloading right now to give it a spin just I'm on campus so this will take a while.

Well unfortunately my computer took a big dump while trying to play test one of the demo game things. Playing it at a whopping 2FPS I wasn't getting anywhere. Be warned that this maker requires a pretty hefty graphics card. ( Thought mine was better than what it was I just now realized this thing is junk).

Edited by Dragon324

Hi.

-In the battle, characters does not has any weapons in they hands. The reason is, maybee not everyone want to make some classical style game, so if somebody just making some scifi game, a sword would look very strange in the heroes hands.

-The speed of the battle and the maker in the video is a bit laggy, becouse my computer is very slow and old.

-Graphics is modern, comparing to competitive maker softwares, of course its not crysis4 :D

Thank you for your reply!

Edited by Geri

if only it DID have graphics like Crysis 4. Anyway, ill try this out sometime soon. Is it capable of importable scripts?

Hi.

-In the battle, characters does not has any weapons in they hands. The reason is, maybee not everyone want to make some classical style game, so if somebody just making some scifi game, a sword would look very strange in the heroes hands.

-The speed of the battle and the maker in the video is a bit laggy, becouse my computer is very slow and old.

-Graphics is modern, comparing to competitive maker softwares, of course its not crysis4 :D

Thank you for your reply!

I was just saying I didn't mean to imply there wasn't any just from the video I couldn't see none. Like I said though unfortunately I cant use this because my graphics card played it at 2FPS.

You need a middle-class gpu to use Maker3D. But you can try the example game by executing bin/runtime.exe and you switch to minimal graphics settings (like 800x600windowed+low), i hope this will be playable on your computer, but i not yet know your config.

its definitaly got great potential, and so far is pretty good! =D Although I got 35fps and 25fps in battle and I've got 5770, 4gb ddr3 ram, 3tb hdd and x4 3.2ghz

I still need to have a propper go with it and try out all the 3d models and features available :)

movement seemed nice but a little sharp for my liking, the attacks look odd but funny how they look like theyre slapping each other :P

Sweet I so glad I learned some BASIC a while back :clap:

This is why i choosed to create a BASIC-like scripting language instead of developing some rare crap, becouse that is the most easy, simple, and wide spread programming language.

This looks rel amazing but I'm not a fan of turn-based battling. But his as a whole is a kick ass engine. I love the painting of the textures which can give them different looks and feels without a lot of different texture resources.

It's like you just brought sex over to the world of RPG Maker. *w*

(Am I allowed to say that? If not, tell me or mod this/me and I shan't repeat =p.)

I paid more for RPG Maker XP, so after I collect all the information on it from 34030958 sources to make sure it'd fit my group's needs, I'll purchases it right away! ^_^

This is why i choosed to create a BASIC-like scripting language instead of developing some rare crap, becouse that is the most easy, simple, and wide spread programming language.

That is what I meant, was if you could add new scriptsd to it, changing how the grame runs.

This looks like it could have some great potential! Downloading trial version as we speak. I am not sure if I understand correctly, so sorry if the original post answers this question, but are you able to modify the built-in battle/menu systems or write your own from scratch? I assume you can, but just would like to be sure.

ProjectTrinity: if you got issues with the demo download, please try it with a download manager, like Flashget.

kellessdee: maker supports creating sprites, texts, supports reading keyboard input, supports creating particles and other effects. So yes, of course you can made your own battle system, or any other systems that you want.

Edited by Geri

nope no issue at all, you tried all the dowload links? because the first was ghoing to take 2 hours, the second took 2 minutes

I think I'll be needing someone to upload the actual program or something far and far away from the given links.

Because not even Flashget is working for me.

BUILD 657:

-Multithreaded texture browsing

-Sprite commands was broken

-Alpha setting from sprite mover was missing

-Added PNG handling (for now 24 bit only)

-key_anim command caused crash if recived bad keyframe

-Texture garbage collection: smaller memory req.

-The system sometomes rotated things while nobody asked it to do like that, fixed.

-New command: MODELL_RAW_ANGLE

-New command: QUESTION

-Added command: CAMERA_QUAKE

-Maker3D and runtime windows is resizeable now

-Mouse wheel caused flickering lists at the list end. Fixed.

-In the TELEPORT menu, mouse wheel was not worked. Fixed.

-IF/ENDIF/WHILE/etc commands showed wrong syntax in the cells. Fixed.

-Negative number decoding was broken

-TEAM_MANAGEMENT true/false - If true, the system stores the hero team battle settings for every battle, and based on this, offers item/team viewing in the main menu.

-TEAM_EXP exp - adjusts the teams EXPerience points up or down. 1 and -1 accepted. Only works, if team management is enabled.

-Speed handling in the battle system was broken (it ignored the values)

-New map added to the example game: team_management.bas

-Some small bugs in editor has been fixed

-Battle camera's area is decrased

-Script editor hint was broken for if/else/endif

-Spider model was buggy

-Battle system caused strange behaviors or crash if called without proper character setup

-EXIT_TO_MENU was broken in game mode

-Some small bugs fixed in the battle system

-Linux version's performance incrased

Using link 1:- Total download time 13 seconds fufufu :) :) :)

This seems link decent software from the video :) Iv'e yet to try it out but will give it a blast when I next get chance :)

By the way can you add Joypad Compatibility please :)