New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Leon

Leon's Craft System

Ok, today in school, I was reading my i-Net+ text book, going over the different languages used on the Internet, and they kept talking about scripting. So, in the middle of class, I opened Notepad on the computer and whipped up this little doozy.

In a nutshell, if the player the items to make an item defined in the module, it is automatically added to the list.

Further, if you want, you can make it so that some items can't be made, and don't appear, until after a certain event (using call script to execute it.)

If that isn't enough, you can add the item to the list much like Deke's by saying each item needs to be triggered by an event, and add it using call script instead of based on items being held.

Further still, it doesn't tell what the concoction will make UNTIL it is made.

The instructions on how to use this are in the script, so please look there for them in the header.

Screenshot:

craft1.jpg

Script:

Craft_System.txt

wow, that's some great work. I'll be sure to use this if i can on my own game because it takes after FFX. Now all i need is the aoens attributes and abilitites system which is very much related to this crafting system.

Overall: Great Job!

So this script is similar to the Kingdom Hearts recipe thing. Where you find the recipes for weapons. Than you take them to the moogles. And the moogles do their thing as long as you have all the items required to make that weapon.????

It can be used either as that, or like the Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, where you get the items and it is automatically added to the list.

So this script is similar to the Kingdom Hearts recipe thing. Where you find the recipes for weapons. Than you take them to the moogles. And the moogles do their thing as long as you have all the items required to make that weapon.????

Yes, synthesising. Man it took ages to get Ultima Weapon.

Yea synthesising is what I was thinking of lol. I neva got Ultima I'm still playing KH2 so yea lol.

If you want a real challenge, unlock the entire list of 'combining' on Castlevania: Curse of Darkness.

I've never played the Castlevania one either.

And Ryan I've made it to The World That Never Was. But I went back and realized I missed a few things like something in Hercules. And now I'm in Hollow Bastion because I missed one of the Torn Pages for Pooh some where so I looked it up on the internet now I have to go back and check to see which one I missed. And I've done completed part of The World That Never Was. I'm up to the part in it where you fight Saix.

Looks cool, I'll have to try it out later...I'm looking for a synthesis script that you have to synthesize x amount of things...like...one of each item off a list of 6, and you get a bonus point...so that after completing all 5 lists, you get 5 points, which are set up to access a secret ending in the end...

Did any of that even make sense?

You made sense to me SCMike.

And I believe you Ryan it can be done. I beat the first KH 100% no cheating or faqs. But finiding 100 Dalmations was a pain in the ass.

Them dalmationswere crazy lol. In some aspects KH2 is easier but at the same time it's harder. It just depends really.

Ooooo... yet another thing I've been longing to add! Curious- woud it be hard to get this to work with the skill point system you made? I'm going for more of the EQ2 crafting route where you can only make certain things when you are skilled enough and their quality is partly based on your skill level. I ask as I have never been very good at coding and scripting ( except for html ) - it's mostly the syntax errors that get me.

P.S. If I use some of the great scripts on this site, would that mean that I can't distribute and/or sell my game? :o

It is possible to do it, but I am not up to it at the time. I am a little busy with some other things going on. As for using them, go on ahead, I don't mind.

I found a few of the dreaded syntax errors so I thought I'd post ( what I belive to be ) the corrections:

Line 74 :  2 => [[1,0,2], [1, 0, 2]]

Line 28 : #      $game_party.event_weapon.push(weapon_id)

Since I don't know Ruby, these are just what made the script compile. I'm guessing they appeared when you posted the code on the forums as it looks like a few of the charictors were translated into ASCII.

I've been playing around with how to trigger the crafting screen but haven't succeeded yet.

wow dude, thats rough O_o

now I feel like I'm an RGSS noob again ;-; , I"LL NUVER CUM BACK TO THIS SUCK-TION B)

I found a few of the dreaded syntax errors so I thought I'd post ( what I belive to be ) the corrections:

CODE

Line 74 : 2 => [[1,0,2], [1, 0, 2]]

Line 28 : # $game_party.event_weapon.push(weapon_id)

erm I can tell you one thing about that, line 28 is completely fine, thats just a comment, it has nothing to do with the script..

and line 74 looks fine too... must be one of those irritating RGSS bugs I get all teh time, dude take my advice and kill yourself before RGSS does, cuz it most likely will, and lemme tell ya, it dosent do it in a nice way. RGSS is evil..

Yeah, that was probably from going from Unicode to ASCII. Thank you for letting me know, I'll fix it asap.

EDIT: It is actually a problem with the BB Code tags... I am going to have to change the way it is posted...

Just so you know, Leon, the attachment is broken...probably due to the move we did...so...you'll need to fix that.

I know I will. I have just been really busy. It is also why I kinda use megaupload. Links are good for about 3 months. As for fixing this, i hope i still have the upload...

wow dude, thats rough O_o

now I feel like I'm an RGSS noob again ;-; , I"LL NUVER CUM BACK TO THIS SUCK-TION B)

erm I can tell you one thing about that, line 28 is completely fine, thats just a comment, it has nothing to do with the script..

and line 74 looks fine too... must be one of those irritating RGSS bugs I get all teh time, dude take my advice and kill yourself before RGSS does, cuz it most likely will, and lemme tell ya, it dosent do it in a nice way. RGSS is evil..

isnt there a chance he may have been using postality knights version its very buggy?

sry for necroposting put ive got a question: How can u make more than 3 things to craft?

I mean, more than 1 for each type (more than 1 item/armor/weapon)?

If I just copy the

Craft_Item_Comp = {

7 => [[1, 0, 1], [3, 0, 1], [4, 0, 1]]

}

and paste it right under the first item and just edit the numbers,

scripth.jpg

It still wont work. Now i can only craft the second item but not the first anymore.

Someone help me plzz!

You do this:

Craft_Item_Comp = {

7 => [[1, 0, 1], [3, 0, 1], [4, 0, 1]],

8 => [[1, 1, 1], [4, 0, 1], [5, 0, 1]]

}

Basically, add a comma and a new formula