New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Marked

Project Cards v2

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty excited to final release Projects Cards v2. I've been working on it over the last 5 days :)

However, this is a semi-rushed release, there are a few minor bugs I'm not going to fix before letting you guys try it out.

New Features

-Utilizes ajax, including uploading - the only time the page needs to refresh is when you generate your BBCode

-Title, Text & Shadow coloring - any color

-Y-Coordinate of the title is changeable

-Can change the hue of your theme (this is cool but kinda slow!)

-Better theme selection

-Can chose the quality for both previewing and generating

-Mini-version (requested by Arkbennett)

-X and Y coordinates of your uploads - this means custom themes!

-Utilizes MySQL - makes your card recoverable and allows me to create a stats section in the future

Known Bugs

-sometimes the image doesn't generate, but this is rare, and I'm not sure why it happens

-sometimes the last then you typed doesn't get picked up, i can change this but it means that the card only generates when you click away, rather than each time your type something

-the arrows for the coordinates do not work after you manually type their values

-Hue is slow as, can't be helped at the moment, to do this it has to change each individual pixel, so...

-if you click a theme before it fades up, it will revert without its fade and look active

-the themes on the right column don't show the authors properly.. i tried to fix this before making this topic but got hungry

-it is kind of slow on a website, but it cant be helped. This is why I made a quality feature

Kinda concerning how the the bugs list is longer than the new features list. Hmm, I'll call this v2 beta. Hope you guys like it better than the last version.... mini-in-announcement-competition-to-create-the-best-card, 100 points on offer :P

Linky: http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/other/project-cards

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it. Way better than the last one. Way more user friendly.

Glad you like it :) I've been working pretty hard on getting it finished. There's more javascript in there than PHP. I think I taught myself enough javascript with this thing alone to write some javascript scripts. Really bad ones :)

I don't know why anyone would need it, but here's the link to the old version: http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/index.php?option=com_projectcards&view=default

Ah snap, Marked! Its brilliant! And really easier to use, and it had a lot to pic from! Great job!

Here's mine :hehee

4t98pz.jpg

It isn't working for me. Oh well. i'll try later on my own computer. Don't have internet at the house, so i'm on at the library right now. That might be the problem, though.

Really like it, Marked! Brilliant job! Here's mine:

455b37c.jpg

EDIT: There seems to be a problem with it. Any ideas?

Edited by Ecowolfsteen

I'm glad you like CrimsonInferno, to be honest, I was out to impress you because of your enthusiasm with the first one :)

I would appreciate any errors on this and as much info on them as possible. It is very very difficult to pinpoint the issue. Eco your image was not saved in the project cards directory, and this seems to happen infrequently but completely at random... My experience with javascript is really limited, but I will work to make it as stable as possible... I'll try to find out what is causing this.

There are still some unicode errors, non-Latin characters are not supported (Tested with Japanese and Hebrew)

Yes, as expected. In order to use ajax I have to pass variables through javascript to the file to be run. Even back slashes are unable to be sent. I haven't looked up how to fix this or if there is another method. It will certainly be a feature I'll aim for in the next updates.

I'm glad you like CrimsonInferno, to be honest, I was out to impress you because of your enthusiasm with the first one :)

It makes me want to create new projects just to use it xD

This also reminds me to keep working on my project and keep up my spriting :P

I only have one question. When you generate the card and you get the code, it doesn't show any images, just the words "Posted Image" is that because I'm using Firefox? :)

The same thing happened to me again, today. That's twice!

I are sad.

EDIT: Finally, it works!! 4fc3cf4.jpg

So going in my sig.

Edited by Ecowolfsteen

Lol eco, that font was for japanese fonts, not really for roman characters.

I only have one question. When you generate the card and you get the code, it doesn't show any images, just the words "Posted Image" is that because I'm using Firefox? :)

Do you mean on the page or when it is in your signature? Either way is an error. Basically that means its a 404, the image was not generated and therefor not found.

I'm pretty disapointed I released this prematurely now. I don't know what the error is and I dont really have much time anymore. :(

Aw don't be! Its beautiful and it does work! But for right now, one just has to right click and save. I was going to do that anyway and upload it myself. :)

I loved it! So thank you for posting it! (:

Yo, I'm having the problem with generating the image and I can't seem to pick a theme. But I guess you already knew these problems.

Hope you get all the bugs fixed Marked. I would use it but i just dont have a project but if i ever do get one i will use it :) .

I have found something dangerous:

Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /mounted-storage/home90a/sub009/sc47804-NPGF/rmxpunlimited.net/components/com_projectcards/views/projectcards/tmpl/card.php on line 63

Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /mounted-storage/home90a/sub009/sc47804-NPGF/rmxpunlimited.net/components/com_projectcards/views/projectcards/tmpl/card.php on line 64

Warning: imagecreatetruecolor() [function.imagecreatetruecolor]: Invalid image dimensions in /mounted-storage/home90a/sub009/sc47804-NPGF/rmxpunlimited.net/components/com_projectcards/views/projectcards/tmpl/card.php on line 70

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /mounted-storage/home90a/sub009/sc47804-NPGF/rmxpunlimited.net/components/com_projectcards/views/projectcards/tmpl/card.php on line 71

This appeared in the preview window. Showing errors to users is very dangerous :X

Aw don't be! Its beautiful and it does work! But for right now, one just has to right click and save. I was going to do that anyway and upload it myself. :)

I loved it! So thank you for posting it! (:

Thanks Crimson :)

Yo, I'm having the problem with generating the image and I can't seem to pick a theme. But I guess you already knew these problems.

Nope. Try a different browser and see if you get a different result.

This appeared in the preview window. Showing errors to users is very dangerous :X

I suppose. I could hide it, actually. I'll do that. All it really shows is the websites path and the link/path to the php file that basically runs a function, there's no info in there. Its useless by itself. Besides, every IPB forum has the same configuration file location which stores every detail needed to hack and then some, I figure if people have trouble getting that then they'll have trouble getting this too.

Nope. Try a different browser and see if you get a different result.

Well it worked on Firefox, but whats up with internet explore. Oh well, it will probably work on that browser when it completely works but I guess for now I'll just use firefox.

Good Work on the system Marked

Edited by bigace

It is pretty cool, maybe one of these days I will actually have use for it.

I know I've asked this before but I seemed to be ignored, how come this app doesn't work on Internet Explore?

It probably would have been better to ask this in the Feedback / Bug report forum

http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/forum/3-feedback-bug-report-and-forum-help/

However, since it is relevant: Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? I just opened the Project Cards App with IE, and it seemed to work fine. (I have the newest version, Version 9)

If you don't have version 9, try updating and trying again.

I would also HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest switching browsers. Google Chrome or Firefox are probably your best bets (but anything is better than Internet Explorer really..)

NOTE: if you switch browsers, but don't have the newest version of Internet Explorer, you should update it anyways. Unfortunately, internet explorer is an integral part of Windows, and updating it would do you good regardless...but for some reason, Microsoft didn't add the new IE as an automatic update.

INTERNET EXPLORER 9:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home

[JUST REALIZED THAT Internet Explorer 9 doesn't work with XP; perhaps try version 8 if you are running Win XP]

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=43

It probably would have been better to ask this in the Feedback / Bug report forum

http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/forum/3-feedback-bug-report-and-forum-help/

However, since it is relevant: Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? I just opened the Project Cards App with IE, and it seemed to work fine. (I have the newest version, Version 9)

If you don't have version 9, try updating and trying again.

I would also HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest switching browsers. Google Chrome or Firefox are probably your best bets (but anything is better than Internet Explorer really..)

I updated to IE 9 and it still didn't work, plus no Google and Firefox is your opinion better not mine. I prefer IE over those you named.

NOTE: if you switch browsers, but don't have the newest version of Internet Explorer, you should update it anyways. Unfortunately, internet explorer is an integral part of Windows, and updating it would do you good regardless...but for some reason, Microsoft didn't add the new IE as an automatic update.

INTERNET EXPLORER 9:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home

[JUST REALIZED THAT Internet Explorer 9 doesn't work with XP; perhaps try version 8 if you are running Win XP]

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=43

I have Windows 7

------------------

And like usuall my question isn't answered.

I updated to IE 9 and it still didn't work, plus no Google and Firefox is your opinion better not mine. I prefer IE over those you named.

And like usuall my question isn't answered.

Yea, it's opinion...Although up until version 9 was released, it was actual fact (that Google + Firefox were, specs wise: more secure, more reliable and faster)

Microsoft FINALLY picked it up a notch.

ANYWAYS, that's another topic.

However, I am not sure what is wrong with the project cards on your end; They work fine for me on Chrome, Firefox AND IE 9 (I have all browsers).

DO you get an error or do they just not work? Do you have flash installed, javascript enabled, etc. etc.? (I am not sure what Marked made the Project Card generator in)

Why not just TRY it with Chrome or Firefox? Sorry, but there is only so much help I can provide; as I am not the creator of this application.

Marked is currently busy with other things, so if you want an answer from him try asking here: http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/forum/3-feedback-bug-report-and-forum-help/ and all I can say is be patient. Otherwise in the meantime, the only suggestion I can make is to try with other browsers.

Yea, it's opinion...Although up until version 9 was released, it was actual fact (that Google + Firefox were, specs wise: more secure, more reliable and faster)

Microsoft FINALLY picked it up a notch.

ANYWAYS, that's another topic.

However, I am not sure what is wrong with the project cards on your end; They work fine for me on Chrome, Firefox AND IE 9 (I have all browsers).

DO you get an error or do they just not work? Do you have flash installed, javascript enabled, etc. etc.? (I am not sure what Marked made the Project Card generator in)

Why not just TRY it with Chrome or Firefox? Sorry, but there is only so much help I can provide; as I am not the creator of this application.

Marked is currently busy with other things, so if you want an answer from him try asking here: http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/forum/3-feedback-bug-report-and-forum-help/ and all I can say is be patient. Otherwise in the meantime, the only suggestion I can make is to try with other browsers.

Well google chrome magically instaled itself on my computer and it work on there a couple of months ago when I did. It but I don't use it because it's not my main browser. No other reason to switch either just b/c one app doesn't work. I guess I'll just wait.

You weren't ignored, I just missed your post. You're an impatient one, aren't you? I don't know why it doesn't work in IE and it is not likely to unless I rewrite it, which is extremely unlikely in the near future - question answered.

I test my stuff in firefox and this was really just an experiment that members seemed to like. It needs a great deal of work though to iron out the many bugs. I think this was fist experiment using jQuery, so, I need to get in there and rewrite the entire thing. I do plan to do that, but not till the end of the year or later.

You weren't ignored, I just missed your post. You're an impatient one, aren't you? I don't know why it doesn't work in IE and it is not likely to unless I rewrite it, which is extremely unlikely in the near future - question answered.

I test my stuff in firefox and this was really just an experiment that members seemed to like. It needs a great deal of work though to iron out the many bugs. I think this was fist experiment using jQuery, so, I need to get in there and rewrite the entire thing. I do plan to do that, but not till the end of the year or later.

Okay, cool that's all needed to know. I can wait until then, thank you for anwswering the question.