New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Daigaion

RMXP Sprite Generator

laugh.gif Hey guys~

I thought I'd drop this link here, i've been looking for this site for.. well probably a month or two. I kept coming up with one of three search results in google.

1. Charas-project.net ( Link ) : Though it's a great site, the sprites just weren't my style.

2. Character Maker ( Couldn't find a working link, sorry ) : I remember trying to use this in the past and getting frustrated with it. I ultimately abandoned it.

3. Character Sprite Generator ( Link ) : This was my favorite place back when I first started. Has great options but just not enough variety. :pinch:

4. RMXPU's Topic of generators

but eventually I found it! Loose Leaf(Japanese characters..)! ( Link )

Has lots of variety and all you have to do is do the print screen thing~

Well how do you do that Dai?

Simple!

- When you're done editing your sprite, hit your Print Screen button located somewhere on your Keyboard ( Sometimes labeled 'PrtSc' on the key )

- This basically copies your current screen image.

- Go to paint.

- Right click your little editing area (where images go) and select paste.

- Now resize or cut the image using the Select option ( looks like a dotted outline of a rectangle ).

- Save the image as either a .png, .jpg, or a .bmp and import it into your game! ( If you need help with this too, just ask and I'll be sure to edit this post with directions on how to do that too~)

wink.gif

I hope this helps somebody out!

Hi Daigaion, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for posting this! It's sure to help lots of people!

As for the Character Sprite Generator picture taking process, that's unnecessary. Just click the Save button and it will download the sprite to your computer.

Hi Daigaion, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for posting this! It's sure to help lots of people!

As for the Character Sprite Generator picture taking process, that's unnecessary. Just click the Save button and it will download the sprite to your computer.

:o I get a reply from the one and only Kiriashi? x3 Excellent!

=o I had no idea there was a save button! (perhaps I should have translated it! xD) That's much easier, thanks!

c= I hope it does help, like I said in my last post, it took me some time trying to find this place again.

Oh- And glad to be apart of RMXPU! =D

:o I get a reply from the one and only Kiriashi? x3 Excellent!

=o I had no idea there was a save button! (perhaps I should have translated it! xD) That's much easier, thanks!

c= I hope it does help, like I said in my last post, it took me some time trying to find this place again.

Oh- And glad to be apart of RMXPU! =D

Am I famous?! :sweatdrop:

Anyways, if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

Can some one tell mae how to get rid of the border arond the sprite and how do u download sprites off of lose leaf?! :dragonshock:

I don't know about how to download sprites off of "lose leaf", but I do know a way to erase the border around the sprites. You're going to need Photoshop for this though, so unless you have it, you can skip this part. :sweatdrop:

Basically, all you need to do is erase the background with the eraser tool. However, make sure not to use the Background Eraser tool, as it has a habit of removing several layers of pixels that border your characters! Instead, you'll have to do the erasing by hand... It can be a time-consuming process, but it's very accurate. Keep in mind though, that Photoshop is a smart program - As long as your background is entirely in the same colour, then Photoshop will recognise where your actual image (the sprite) is, and will not erase it if there is still some part of the background in the selected area. I personally zoomed in quite a bit, and erased all the background around my characters first, and then took a bigger tool to erase the remaining background parts. Don't be afraid to go a little over your character, as Photoshop will not instantl erase it.

As for Daigaion, thanks for the links, I'm sure they will be very useful! However, here's a website which you didn't list, yet helped me a great deal so far... Go ahead and give Naramura a try, I'm sure you'll run into some useful stuff! :alright:

So like I did the whole Print screen thing... and looked at how the sprite looked in the game... apparently the bottom row's feet gets cut off, and you can see a line when walking...

Welcome to the forums, first of all, and thank you for sharing!

I didn't know about the first and last generator you post :o Thank you!

Also...I already knew Kiriashi was famous :hehee

HALP!

when i save as, it always turns into a blue or black square!(it IS png.) DX

(i used looseleaf)

Edited by kasty

Hey, guys. Sorry for the informal introduction, but I'm ApacheMan2K and I've just been having trouble with Character Sprite Generator (http://www.backwater-productions.net/RMXP_CSG/). When I click on most of the tabs (Hair, Clothing, Emotions, etc), I see no options. Only for Body and Eyes. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the generator?