New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Black Shadow

The Screenshot Thread

I was suprised that I couldn't find any screenshot thread when I searched on the forum, so I decided to start one.

Basicly, the rules is the same as other Screenshot Threads. Post screenshots from either your games, our just a map you made for fun.(If any moderator think this is the wrong place, you are free to move the topic to where it belongs^^)

Other members will comment on your maps, so be prepared for that.

Now then, how do you take screenshots of your game?

-Go to the place in your game that you want a screenshot of. I recommend to take the screenshot in full view.

-Press the Print screen key on your keyboard. It should be next to Scroll Lock. If you want to take a screenshot of ONLY the active window, press Alt-Printscreen instead.

-Go into Microsoft Paint, and paste (Control-V) it on to there.

-Save it as a PNG. If your version of Paint doesn't let you, then do jpg.

-Go to a site like photobucket(I recommend photobucket, since you can save alot of pictures on your account there), upload your image, copy the code for "Hotlinking for forums"

My mapping skills are pretty poor, so I'll be prepared for some comments ;)

This is the one I made for your Mapping Class actually: http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/upload...y_1_18_2716.png

We have a section in the Gallery for RMXP Screenshots, so feel free to upload there, it is a bit under used: http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/index....q=sc&cat=18

Guest Hellfire Dragon

That's a good map. I suck at mapping, really I have to be the worst mapper ever ^_^ :D

Thats a great map Black Shadow. I'll post some more later on.

That's a good map. I suck at mapping, really I have to be the worst mapper ever

Thats all the more reason for you to learn and get better. You should check out Black Shadows class. I dont care how bad you are, I want a map from you in this topic. Ok? :lol:

That's a good map. I suck at mapping, really I have to be the worst mapper ever ^_^ :D

I though the exact same thing not too long ago about my maps. The only thing on my maps was a flat ground with no elevation and only one or two trees, but I got better through practice, tutorials, and a mapping academy. I know that you will get better. I too want to see your maps!

Here is one of mine. It's the first town in my game. The town is called "Liatia". There are a few cut-off trees, but I fixed those with events.

post-742-1197029645_thumb.jpg

OMG! Marked double posted :P

Pretty good map darkkyros, but I don't see any plants or grass.

The tileset you use have some winter type plants and grass. Use them as well.

Guest Hellfire Dragon

Okay he is my useless map. It's one I made with the woods map, I think. It's bad, lacks detail and well...sucks. My maps of towns are even worse. They noramlly only have 1-3 houses, or maybe 4 at the most.

Anyways, here's my useless map :D

woodsmapui5.th.png

OMG! Marked double posted :P

Pretty good map darkkyros, but I don't see any plants or grass.

The tileset you use have some winter type plants and grass. Use them as well.

Yeah, the map still isn't complete. :P I still have a lot to add to it just as you said. When I finish it, I'll post the finished product. which is soon, I hope.

Okay he is my useless map. It's one I made with the woods map, I think. It's bad, lacks detail and well...sucks. My maps of towns are even worse. They noramlly only have 1-3 houses, or maybe 4 at the most.

Anyways, here's my useless map

Just as Marked said, try Black Shadow's Mapping Class. I has some pretty good tutorials as well.

Here's an Interior, another really old one:

gallery_1_18_58582.png

OMG! Marked double posted

I did? I guess now I have to warn myself... :P

Everyone starts from the beginning. My maps were worse than yours, but as I used the tilesets more and saw other peoples maps in sample games, I learned more about mapping and how to use the tilesets. Its amazing what you can do with a couple of simple tiles.

Here is one of mine. It's the first town in my game. The town is called "Liatia". There are a few cut-off trees, but I fixed those with events.

Looks really good so far, you should post the finished version when your done.

Oh my, that winter maps look fantastic. And there is a way of getting some clipped trees to be placed on the 3rd layer without clipping but it takes practice. I will try and get a map out soon.

Yea, shouldn't basements be symmetrical because they are human designed after all and humans tend to be symmetrical when they build things.

Also the above map looks good to, it's better then I can do.

Yes there is a error with the tree, I see it to.
That was a nice winter screenshot, but there's a map error in the second map. It's very easy to see it.

Whoops! I also see a second error. Thanks. *off to fix the errors* . . . Fixed! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here are two more. The first one is my battle map (I use GubiD's Tactics Battle System). And the second one is ingame.

battle2aa2.th.jpg

battle1ai0.th.jpg

That's not bad I like it. Not sure I would use for a desktop but yea.

-nods- made by Diego, but edited by me...it doesn't show it, but I took off some stuff from Diego's system, but also hadded some stuff as well...like a sixth inventory slot in the "Inventory" section and so forth.