New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
CrimsonInferno

Mystic Studio!

Here's my attempt, yet again, at shading....

Turns out her hair was a bit big. So I had to redo her whole hair and then I took in mind Tomo's shading. I'm trying, for right now, get the lighting as if its point from the top left (my top left, like Musical's Sprites). That's why I couldn't test her out. So here are the two newer ones. The one with Tomo's exact shading, and then the second is the shading I tried to apply to make her shading match Musical's sprites/tilesets.

Exact shading off of Tomo.

2u6cp3q.jpg

Here is the version I tried to shade to match Musical's Sprites/Tilesets.

351iy52.jpg

<They probably look really blurry to you, as they do to me on this forum, but they look normal when saved or viewed outside the forum ^,^>

@Kage:

She'll have clothes as soon as I figure out how to properly shade and stuff ^,^

There should be a nice link to an aowsome Tutorial posted by Marked some where on spriting. Made by someone else it cover a $h!t tone of stuff. If I can find it I'll post link.

I already saw it, mostly in Japanese (which confuses me more so) and a few about different things....

I'm slightly tempted to translate it... but that would take days and days.

It would, and it would be a pain in the butt lol

I think I learn better from open help and getting inspiration off of others... :>

Hey, Crimson, I have a question? How do you make the hair? Do you sprite it yourself or... what?

Edit: I just made a female version of Danny. I customly sprited the hair and I'm surprised how well it turned out. Maybe I'm not as bad with hair as I thought :P .

dannii.png

I have the BEST name for her. How about Dannii :P ?

Hey, Crimson, I have a question? How do you make the hair? Do you sprite it yourself or... what?

Edit: I just made a female version of Danny. I customly sprited the hair and I'm surprised how well it turned out. Maybe I'm not as bad with hair as I thought :P .

dannii.png

I have the BEST name for her. How about Dannii :P ?

By visual pictures in my head. Except, when trying to sprite the back of a head, I tend to look at others' work, it helps a lot lol

I did the green haired girl to mimic Terra (only I was gonna try and spice her up a bit to make her look like a Image I found) and of Rosa, from FF4. It helps to find a picture of what you want the the hair to look like and try a few rough sketches of the darkest color....So basically, I just applied my pencil knowledge lol

For Danny, I just thought of Pokemon and the crazy hair :D

WOW! Dannii looks great! Your spriting hair looks a lot better than mine lol

Awesome. I'll be looking forward to your next sprite. And thanks. Also, I added you on MSN :biggrin_002: .

Awesome. I'll be looking forward to your next sprite. And thanks. Also, I added you on MSN :biggrin_002: .

I'll check my MSN now :D

Also, I'm working in Lyra again. I really like what I did with her hair, so I'm gonna try and update her a few times :)

Your email is still MagitekElite@live.com, right? Also, can't wait to see Lyra :) . I might sprite some more hair, I like making girls hair more than boys hair. I don't know why, just easier in my oppinion.

Yes, that's it. I'm trying to get the site to load right now lol my brothers took all the connection away with their Xbox :<

I think I'm getting better by 'doodling' around with sprites. My sister walked past and thought it was an official sprite :hur she lies to make me feel better lol

Lol :biggrin_002: . I'll see you on MSN if you can get online. My parents hate it when I use the xbox, reckons it uses up too much internet :angry: ...

Here's a slight update.

Orginial:

351iy52.jpg

Here is the slightly updated version. I messed around with her shading a bit:

351iy522.png

I personally think the second new one, looks a tad better. But what do you guys think?

Looking good :alright: Might cause a bit of a problem if you add a darker colour near those areas. I usually make the detail and "edge shading" (if you'd call it that :P ) a darker colour, but the lighter colour looks good on Lyra.

Looking good :alright: Might cause a bit of a problem if you add a darker colour near those areas. I usually make the detail and "edge shading" (if you'd call it that :P ) a darker colour, but the lighter colour looks good on Lyra.

:)

What areas, if I may ask?

:D

351iy522.png

*for this one, correct?*

So you think I should remove the darker tones I put around the shading? :)

No. I meant if you increase the darkness in those areas you might want to increase the darkness of the shading.

Sorry this was late lol Had to have the computer off for a total of two days 'cause of constant storms.

Alright, I understand now :sweatdrop: sorry about that, I am always tired nowadays. I'll apply that when its spriting day and then post it here for everyone to see. :yes:

I decided while waiting for more on the Tyke templates/tilesets, to try out my spriting skills on the RPTP template for XP.

1z38qgy.jpg

Good, bad? Should I improve on something? Any help will be appreciated! :sweatdrop:

Edited by CrimsonInferno

So I tried again and I think (asked my sisters for which they thought looked better) the second version looks a lot better....what do you guys think? I think my hardest time is that darn shading, but I'm gonna look around here and on Google for some help. Maybe I can finally grasp it lol

Anyways, here it is!

10cj4g9.jpg

I can see where I messed up the most. The outline of her hair on the top corners >.>

(Also....I'm not sure, seeing as I'm not a moderator or anything, but does this thread have to be moved? :sweatdrop: )

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Thanks Tomo! I just finished a redo and I think it looks great! But I'm probably biased. So, any better than the last?

w5t9g.jpg2vt6ts9.jpg

I'm basing the lighting/shading off of another female sprite from the RTP. I believe its the red-head warrior. Should I keep practicing the shading? :unsure: Anything wrong with her?

EDIT 1:

Finished a first draft of a side view. Added to spoiler.

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Thanks Tomo! I hope I'm getting better! lol

Okay, update! I think I'll redo the back row, but first I need to ask what's wrong with it.

Here is the test sprite:

2lt9x3.jpg

Any help on the back row would be greatly appreciated or any help at all! lol

Edited by CrimsonInferno

That looks great. All you guys on this forum have real skill. You guys do pixel art and script and stuff. I just got making titles and stuff like that... :(

Thanks, Rgangsta!

It takes loads of practice, redoing, reshaping, planning and things like that. But if it only took me this long to get to this level, someone with an artistic eye already (you) would probably grasp it faster than me ^,^

Edited by CrimsonInferno

I think I'm getting better! :D

Sept 4, 2010

Here is a glimpse at what I'm now doing at the moment. Good, bad?

2j12xk4.jpg

EDIT:

>.<

Sorry about the double post!

Edited by CrimsonInferno