New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

IDEA: Reverting to traditional forum format

Simple style?   

6 members have voted

1. 1. Like it?

• yeah
    • nah

Hi all 

I have been thinking if simplifying the forum structure (i.e. all the categories) for a pretty long while. I think one thing we could potentially try out it is the traditional forum style where the board index is simply a list of all recent topics, rather than a list of categories like we've got now. That just makes it super simple to see all the recent activity on the forums - the only thing that really matters on the forums is the recent posts. Topics die like they're meant to after a few days. 

What do you guys think? 

We can try it, and we'll see which one turns out better, I suppose...

I like this version of the website, but whatever will attract more people to the website I'd say.

Sounds like just changing the forum home page.

Yes, that's correct. A lot of forum systems are like this, mainly where the forums are not the sole focus of the website (kind of like us but not really?). It's a method that really emphasizes the temporary nature of a forum topic: it's relevant for a few days and then it's tucked away into the archives, and only relevant to those searching Google.