New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Darkness

Choices Timer & Forced Choices

I tried my best to find the scripts or any other ways to use a timer with the choices but to no avail.

It's like when there are three choices to make and you have to choose one in a specific time or else it's game over or something happened. There's also a choice change during the specific time like there are 3 choices but when the timer reached 5 the first choice change into something different or maybe one of the choice disappear or include.

The same goes with the forced choice. Well, this one is kinda complicated. Example,
- It forced you to choose the first choice and you can't use your directional button to choose other choices.
- It forced you to the first choice but you can use your directional button to move to other choices but it will try to forced you back (so if you want to choose other choices you have to move very fast and struggling)
- It scrolled your choice automatically like an arcade maybe. It can be stopped by itself with timer or when you press some button.

I don't know if these are possible, but I really want to include them in my game. It would be a great pleasure if somebody is willing to help me.

Thank you very much!

*Edited : All of the above are done! But there are two additional requests if possible.

**{DONE}** Reverse the directional button when you are trying to choose a choice. Like, when you press Up, it went Down instead.
- Unable to press confirm and cancel buttons as well as directional buttons (for directional I can use an arrow lock script though).

<< [About the second one, in fact, I want a script for the choice to move by itself to whichever choices I want and it confirm that choice automatically without players doing anything and cannot cancel it. But I can make it somehow with the current script that Black Mage had written along with Tsukihime's Window Timer. The only problem is canceling the confirm and cancel button temporarily.]

Thank you again and sorry for adding new requests in the same topic!

Edited by Darkness

Tsukihime has got what you need. http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/7811-window-timer/

I think.

You just have to change the situation to work with this script as far as I know.

Yes that one is the closest thing I am trying to find though I still don't know how to make it execute the choice window to something else instantly instead of a default choice that need tag or at least an unseen and untouchable choice.

Can someone point me where I can find Tsukihime's window timer script? The link on rpgmakercentral forum's thread seems down, and the script link on her site's are redirecting me to the rpgmakercentral forum's thread. Maybe I can pull something if I managed to get my hands on the script. :)

Try this. It has almost everything you need. The choices change can be set by using multiple timed common event, I think.

OMG OMG OMG !!!!! The script works! I can even combine those scripts call together too! (and Window Timer script)

Thank you Thank you very much! Now the system is completed!  :thumbsup:

You have my deepest gratitude, Black Mage, for this awesome script! I am definitely going to give you the credit for this! (If there's something more you want me to credit you like your website or whatever just tell me!) And Ardaceus too for trying to help me and also with Window Timer reminder!

Edited by Darkness

You have my deepest gratitude, Black Mage, for this awesome script! I am definitely going to give you the credit for this! (If there's something more you want me to credit you like your website or whatever just tell me!) And Ardaceus too for trying to help me and also with Window Timer reminder!

I'd be grateful if you could put a link to my website (it's on my signature), however it's completely optional. Having my name credited is enough for me. :)

I'd be grateful if you could put a link to my website (it's on my signature), however it's completely optional. Having my name credited is enough for me. :)

Okay! Then, I'll include your website,too.

Anyways, there's one last trick I just remembered. Is it possible to reverse the directional button when you are trying to choose a choice? Like, when you press Up, it went Down instead. If it's possible, please help me with this one last request for this topic. I'd be really appreciate it. Thank you!

*Edited : All of the above are done! But there are two additional requests if possible.

Reverse the directional button when you are trying to choose a choice. Like, when you press Up, it went Down instead.
- Make players unable to press confirm and cancel buttons as well as directional buttons (for directional I can use an arrow lock script though). 

<< [About the second one, in fact, I want a script for the choice to move by itself to whichever choices I want and it confirm that choice automatically without players doing anything and cannot cancel it. But I can make it somehow with the current script that Black Mage had written along with Tsukihime's Window Timer. The only problem is canceling the confirm and cancel button temporarily.]

Thank you again and sorry for adding new requests in the same topic!

Edited by Darkness

Reverse the directional button when you are trying to choose a choice. Like, when you press Up, it went Down instead.

<<< This request is done!