New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
EmilyAnnCoons

Versumi Tales - War of Magic

Story Outline

Won't spoil everything, but here's the basics.

The Age of Magic is a time on Versumi when magic was at its greatest. It flowed everywhere, and everyone had access to it in some way or another. Magic was governed by eight wizards, the Council of Magic. However, an alternative power, a nonmagical power, entered the world. This power, undetectable by magical means, was known as "psionics". Because it could only be found by others who could wield it, it was considered dangerous and wicked. Children showing signs of the power were killed at young ages to prevent its use.

You are Keira, a psion who has lived her life rejected by many. She found herself in a guild of assassins, and she was raised there for most of her life. However, she no longer wants to continue this life. In a desperate act, she and her wife, an archmage named Valerie, leave the Island of Daltros and flee to the main continent of Jinosa. However, upon arrival, they discover that magic itself is under attack by those who claimed to govern it. Keira, Valerie, a young girl raised by wolves, a pirate, and a time-stuck elf warrior must band together and stop whatever evil plot the Council of Magic has up their sleeves.

The Characters

Keira Seaborn - a psion, specializing in psychometabilism. She can buff your party, debuff enemies, and even heal people using her psionic energy.

Valerie Seaborn - a Neko (wolf variant) archmage. Unlike most wizards that only specialize in one or two elements, she shows great promise and power. She uses many different elements and abilities, making her an archmage. She is also the apprentice to one of the wizards that sits upon the Council of Wizards, the ruling party of the world.

Alyssa - a girl who was raised by wolves ever since she was but a baby. She is feral and knows nothing of the human world or how to be human. She is skilled in several forms of combat based off of animal fighting styles.

Abigail - a pirate captain who was just having a normal day when the Council of Magic destroyed her ship. Angry about this, she joins the party to seek revenge.

Fera - a Sylph (a race of elves who have become time-stuck) who has left her forest in seek of adventure. She meets the party and joins them, desiring to follow them on a grand adventure. But is this adventure more than she bargained for?

System

It's being made in RPG Maker MV at the time. I'd like to build it in Unity instead, but until I can learn how to work it, I can't. I'm going to need a lot of help if I want to move the game outside of RPG Maker.

Knights Creations Games

And lastly, other then screenshots, I am supposed to give credit to people. Well, at the moment, I've made most of the resources we're using, but I do have a small group of people I work with. We're under the label "Knights Creations Games". None of us have any knowledge of what we're doing, so we're hoping to learn as we go. That said, we DESPERATELY need help with this project, ranging from all manner of jobs such as spriting, composing, and art.

Screenshots

I can't offer any true screenshots, just some map images here and there. So, here, have images of Varinia and Port Yulan, the two starting towns:

Port Yulan: http://sureenink.deviantart.com/art/The-Town-of-Yulan-651489855

Varinia: http://sureenink.deviantart.com/art/City-of-Varinia-653200135