Marked

Marked

I administrate

• Admin
  • 5,274 posts
  • Prefered Engine: Unity
  • Engine Level: Master
  • Class Title: 3D Modeller

Since you guys voted for it, I thought I'd let you have a say on how it works and looks. 

I've come with a spot of algorithm as follows. The format is: total experience (+additional experience needed to get to this level from the last level) - additional posts needed to get to this level from the last level - and the sum of ALL posts so far. I.e. level 99 = 1,000 posts.

Spoiler (click here)

I think this formula is ok. Level 3 would be 6 posts, but that'll be made easier with other actions gaining smaller amounts of experience. 

The formula is based on posts = 25 experience. 

Any event will give you experience, but the big earners will be posts and receiving likes on posts and comments,  and followers. 

Sound good?

67959bc66897643e671d46b5ea06d95c.gif

KenOfNZ

KenOfNZ

• 15 posts
  • Prefered Engine: Other
  • Engine Level: The Best
  • Class Title: Programmer / Scripter
  • Project(s): Eh some stuff.

Sounds good since it measures the general metrics that determine a user's activity and influence.

Marked

Marked

I administrate

• Admin
  • 5,274 posts
  • Engine Level: Master
  • Class Title: 3D Modeller

Yeah, it does. Experience gains will be linear, i.e. higher level members will get he same experience for a post as a first-time poster, so it'll take that into account. I don't anticipate needing to use a complicating formula to determine levels. The basic concept will be more involvement and commendations from others, higher level. The overall goal will be for members to personally feel like their level reflects what they've put in. 

I'm working on implementing the system. 

• I'm thinking there will be a pop-up when you level-up saying woooh you're awesome now; 
  • I'll try to back-date experience and give everyone experience for everything they've done thus far. Slightly tricky, might take a while to get it done 
  • I'll implement experience gains asap so you'll be collecting exp in the background, prior to when the system is announced and you can publically see your level.

67959bc66897643e671d46b5ea06d95c.gif

KenOfNZ

KenOfNZ

• 15 posts
  • Prefered Engine: Other
  • Engine Level: The Best
  • Project(s): Eh some stuff.

Actually, would it be better to not have a level limit and the exp required to level up to be a constant (rather than increasing per level).

The constant should be a relatively reasonable amount(10-15 equivalent of posts). This way newcomers and long time users will have a constant growth in levels instead of slowing down as you level up. This will reflect a user's activity frequency more accurately at higher levels(the previous exp requirement would make long time users to post a lot more compared to new users to gain 1 level).

Edited by KenOfNZ, 13 December 2016 - 10:54 PM.

Polraudio

Polraudio

Master of the Mind

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts
  • Engine Level: Expert
  • Project(s): Mine Clicker

I like the idea. Could you possibly remove the level cap?

logo.pngIf you want to keep up to date click on the logo.
76561198012709271.png
^If im offline im most likely sleeping. If im online im at my computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users