New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

[POLL] YOU decide the next GDR feature

GDR's next top feature  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you wana see implemented on GDR first??????

• More options than "like" on comments (i.e. agree, informative, funny, etc.) see example in the mani post
    • A custom Members page, which lists members active on GDR and would have leader boards, i.e. order by most posts, comments etc.
    • Experience system where actions done (or likes recieived) give you experience, and members have levels, representing their activity and contribution in GDR
    • Improved member profiles. Better layout, default layout = overview, and more information/tabs.

I love both the first and 3rd option. Maybe you could add hype as an option for the first one? That way if someone is really excited about a feature or something in a game they can hype it. Chugga Chugga Hype! Hype!

Out of curiosity, what will happen to the existing game pages?

Nothing, why do you think any of this affects game pages? The two systems are separate, except of course the ability to link a post to a game page. 

Everyone so far has voted for the experience system. Great choice :) 

*opens IDE*

I love both the first and 3rd option. Maybe you could add hype as an option for the first one? That way if someone is really excited about a feature or something in a game they can hype it. Chugga Chugga Hype! Hype!

Niiiiiiiiice, I never thought about that. Definitely gona include :D

Nothing, why do you think any of this affects game pages? The two systems are separate, except of course the ability to link a post to a game page. 

Everyone so far has voted for the experience system. Great choice :)

*opens IDE*

Oh i didn't think it would. I was just wondering what were the future plans for those pages. Stuff like will it be updated or will the games page have links to posts that are related to it.

Oh right. Excellent question, Kenzo. It's a tough one to answer. The games section is more or less a failure. I set out thinking I could make a better system than rpgmaker.net, which is famous for its games pages. There's a fair few game pages, but as time slowly goes on they become static. The general lack of activity on the website as a whole exacerbates this problem. I'm not sure if the system sucks or that there isn't currently enough users to motivate people to post their games. My general impression is that the type of traffic around RPGM communities don't really care about the quality of the system, so long as there is a community there to engage with. It's a chicken and egg problem. I can make some tweaks to the game pages to integrate refinery posts, but apart from that, I won't be wasting time on developing that system further before it is guaranteed success (via the backing of a larger community presence). 

The Game Dev Refinery has the exact same chicken and egg problem, and it's actually a bigger problem for that system. However, that's where all of my effort is going as it is a purely community-based system and *hopefully* the people will come, and they would also use other systems like the game pages. I am still developing Game Dev Refinery, it is not in an official release stage, so I will be switching from development to purely advertising when the time is right, but no later than the end of Jan 2017 :) I've put a lot of effort into GDR, I started development at the end of April this year. If that system is a failure, there will be no option but to officially close GDU. The current activity levels are so below recent years that we're already at closure stage, so I am on a salvage mission. I think I'm a good developer, but I've also got a career to focus on so it is slow and on the odd occasion it is clear that I don't always choose the best development options :) I'm not sure how closure will happen. I might disable all functions and leave the website live for several years so people have access to the content, but it would be 100% static. 

Experience system would be nice for a community game?