New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Ninten

Mother 3/EarthBound battle system

Hello. I was wondering if there was any scripts or anything for an EarthBound/Mother 3 like battle system for RMXP?

If you've never played EarthBound or Mother 3 then look it up. Here's some videos showing off both game's battle systems:

I already have a few things from it. Like, the weird psychedelic backgrounds, the word "PSI" replacing "Skills" and everything else like that. What I need is, the battle dialogue, the rolling HP meter (Odometer) and the menu/icons/whatever placement from Mother 3's battle system. I found a screenshot and labeled what (almost) everything was.

post-30505-0-61299100-1475287229_thumb.png

I doubt anyone will have any of this stuff though. But I thought I'd ask just in case. :/

But, thank you for taking time out of your life to read this horrible excuse for a post that's very needy.

Edited by Ninten

I do know of one way to achieve this sort of effect, but it would take a lot of customized graphics in order to pull off, and for you to go into the scripts and change a lot of placement values so you could pull it off. It allows you to make menus along the bottom of the screen, and you can also animate backgrounds. I've used it in my own game to create many different backgrounds. The good thing about this guy, is that it is available on any platform of RPG Maker. It's Moghunter, and I love that guy's scripts.

Here's the link to the site you need.

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/scripts/rpg-maker-xp/

I do know of one way to achieve this sort of effect, but it would take a lot of customized graphics in order to pull off, and for you to go into the scripts and change a lot of placement values so you could pull it off. It allows you to make menus along the bottom of the screen, and you can also animate backgrounds. I've used it in my own game to create many different backgrounds. The good thing about this guy, is that it is available on any platform of RPG Maker. It's Moghunter, and I love that guy's scripts.

Here's the link to the site you need.

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/scripts/rpg-maker-xp/

Thank you!