New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Polraudio

Mine Clicker Overhaul Closed Alpha

I been hard at work on the overhaul for Mine Clicker and soon ill be entering the alpha stage. As with any game I will need testers to find bugs and break the hell out of the game.

This closed alpha will start as soon as i get that far in making the game. The closed alpha will only given to GDU members who have been here for at least 6 months and have a decent amount of posts(Prob over 50-100).

FAQ:

Q: How long will the alpha go on for?

A: It will go on till I feel the game is ready for beta release.

Q: How do I gain access to this alpha?

A: If you have been a member of GDU for at least 6 months and have a decent amount of posts to show that you are apart of the community. Please make a post letting me you know that you are interested in the closed alpha.

Q: How many people are you taking into the closed alpha?

A: I will be mostly taking people I trust or are genuinely interested in clicker games. Chances are if i seen you around the community you will get access.

Q: Will I be able to keep my copy?

A: You will be able keep the alpha copy but will not get a beta copy. Those who help find bugs and do a good job with feedback on the game will most likely get a free full copy of the game that includes the beta.

Q: If I get into the alpha how will I get the download?

A: Once the alpha starts i will send everyone who has been picked a private message.

Q: Can I show videos and pictures of the game?

A: You may do that as long as you make it obvious that the game is in alpha and currently being developed. Id suggest a disclaimer before the vid and on the pic somewhere.

Q: Why an overhaul of the game?

A: The game i released wasn't up to my standards and it was very very poorly optimized and coded lol. I learned lots since the games release so i can make a game that is performance friendly and full of awesome features that other clicker games don't have.

Little info about the overhaul:

The overhaul will be a completely separate game but will also be given to those who already purchased the game.

This overhaul will be in first person but have all the mechanics of the original and more. later on I will add a normal clicker game option to allow you to play the game as a normal clicker without the whole first person thing but as for the beginning of the alpha there will only be first person.

What kind of graphics can you expect from this? I want to keep as close to the original style as I can so it will be voxel based(See Image).

dkuMrq7.png

NOTE: There will be lots of updates to the game during the alpha and each update will require a full game download each time. Also expect to restart the game very very often(prob every update). If you are not going to like that please don't sign up for it.

If you are interested in this closed alpha please post below and I will put you on the list for when the time comes.

bunniez-everywhere-28418.png

help

I accidentally glitched cookie clicker by playing it too much.

I had to turn down the graphics because it was tooo mmuch...

Wow only 1 person so far.

Update: We decided to scrap the whole first person idea since it will make the game a little more annoying to work with. Instead we will be going with a fixed camera and overworld type of map where you click on the skill you want to do and it will bring you to a room with all the stuff for that skill. Here is a sneak preview of the smithing room.

3goO1nH.png

Alright so in the past week i got the workers finally working and im currently 90% of the way done with the title. All that is left is to get the research system complete and we will have the Closed Alpha shipped out for testers. Depending what goes on in my life i might be able to release a closed alpha in 2 weeks... month at most hopefully.