New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
ShinkuAura

Project Tobias

Hello again,

It's been a while since the last update. The new project i am developing with a good friend is now taking it's form. We are testing the game mecanics to later implement them to our future game levels. The game still needs more work and revisions on how it will perform as the gameplay will be the most important thing in this new game project.

I have been known as a person who is more about story than anything else. For this game it's mostly an after-thought and is not very important. As i have learned from playing many games, many game stories now rely on character interaction and cinematic cutscenes to tell the story of the game.

After doing a lot of research myself, games often don't use theming and enviornmental story-telling. Games now-a-days lack symbolism in the main story - which leads in to something very cliché in my opinion. I'm not saying that using character interaction won't be in the game, but that will be very limited in this game as it the game's world is the whole story after-all.

So far the game is not even fully playable, which means that nothing huge has been worked on yet. There's no levels created but the test levels we created to test out functionality.

Project Tobias is the name that is a teaster of what's to come. 

More details of gameplay and story in the future. All i can say right now is that the game will be something very cool and enjoyable. Something that will mark our first step as developers.