New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Matthew Rob

Event before main menu

That script you linked me to only works during test mode apparently, and is not a script I think that is required in a final product.

So when you want to test out the intro scene I linked in my post up there, just disable the debug script or export it to notepad and save it to a place you can find it later, and use the intro scene script. Then when you want to use the debug script for whatever it is you want to debug, just take out the intro scene script and replace it with the debug script. It won't damage the game to remove either script and have one of them in at a time.

So when you want to export a final product, just remove the debug part and have the intro scene in its place. I've used this intro script, and you can't change switches, add any items, characters, or change anything in the database. All you can do is use events, such as changing the music, changing the map, move routes, texts, scrolling texts, or any of the normal event stuff that doesn't change the database. I think what's going on is that the debugger can't function because there are no items or things to check in the intro scene, so it wants to do a read on the map, but can't.