New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
selenedrakant

Animated cutscenes

Question

Just wandering if this is at all feasible with the program, I want to actually be an animator for videogames, so this would help immensely with building experience.

I would probably make the cutscenes similar to those of Chrono Trigger (they only occur at very important points, and they can be turned on or off)

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkWK-NEtmHk

So is this possible?

5 answers to this question

It's possible although imitating the movement of the chrono trigger style characters would take something special with the kind of sprites ...

edit: If you mean actual frame by frame animation, sure you can do it just make it full screen and draw as many frames as you want

Edited by Bob423
Removed double post

I remember seeing something about a script that lets you play video files, but I have no clue where that could be found.

I know you can play movies in VX Ace, but I don't think it's an option in XP from what I know. Though if you can't, just show pictures frame by frame, with sound effects and a soundtrack, and maybe some voicing, depends on how far you wish to go.

THERE IS a way to play a video on RMXP just with a few line of RGSS. However I already forgot how and can't find it anymore.

I'll link you to the "google said" most popular script out there for RMXP.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/6392-zeus-video-player/