New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
railfan101

Mapping question RPG Maker VXA

Question

I am having a problem with one of my maps in my game.

In one scene in my game, the player has to row across a river to safety.  The problem I'm having is i can't find a way to make the river realistic.  Right now it looks like it's a small stream in between a sidewalk.  Any advice to make it more realistic would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Well I do know about the game you're talking about, so I'll say what I imagined: A sky blue river with the protagonist rowing from a harbour pier across to a dock on the other side that is quite long, the harbour was made of stone and light brown wood and had a little canal on the inside that led into the river. The river reflected the clouds in the sky from it's clarity, and all that could be heard was the seagulls in the sky and the rushing water. Once across, he came to a dock where it was made entirely of dark looking wood, and it had much more larger ships everywhere which came from the sea.

ok, but how would you map that?  I'm having a hard time imagining the look with the limited stock graphics

I did manage to figure out the map for the river.  Thanks for the input.  I'm going to be building a new thread when I get relatively close to a demo.