New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Five new Genres

Five new genre's have been added to the Games section. You can select a genre which will be displayed in the details section in the sidebar of games pages.

The complete list of Genres are:

• RPG
  • JRPG
  • Platformer
  • Arcade
  • Shooter
  • Adventure
  • Puzzle
  • Sports
  • Strategy/Sim
  • Other

ee4a72b3cdb4468d40d0115c41691467.png

Feel free to suggest a genre to be added to the list.

Just so you guys now, I will announce all games section changes (even small ones like this) in separate topics. My aim is to be more professional in the development of the games section, so developers who may rely on the games section are kept informed with changes that may impact their content.

How about horror? That is a popular genre.

It's true that Horror is a popular genre, especially among rpg maker games in recent years. However, when most of the genre are diversed in how the game is played, horror genre is not a gameplay. Those type of games usually use adventure, or some other system as their main gameplay, and make the situation or environment or whatever to bring up the horror atmosphere into the game.

I'd rather to have this kind of thing as a sub-genre, or other way around. I'm not sure how to put it. :)

Edited by black mage

For Mine Clicker? :P Is that a popular Genre? If you think so, I'll add it. It's not necessary all about popularity, but also people looking to play games. 

Yea its a popular genre. It doesn't necessarily mean clicker games.