New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Hello! In my introduction post I wrote about a game based on a concept I had for a manga, but didn't fully explain it, so here's the whole thing:

(BTW: This game will be a free CC game!!)

Story:
Two hundred years ago, five warriors who held Excalibur weapons, were blessed with supernatural powers that were given to them by slaying god-like beasts. The power is called Nobility, and it's wielders are Noble Knights. The original five knights created a utopian society called Camelot. However, one of the Knights, Lancelot, started a civil war, and the Knights and their city supposedly died fighting each other.

Six years ago, a man known as Anaxos "Cobra" du Lac gained Nobility himself, and used his powers to make his home city of New Camelot into his own country, by winning a civil war of his own with the Britannia Kingdom.

In the present, Britannia's former king has died, and his daughter Eliza (Another Noble Knight, whom Anaxos is very well acquainted with) has taken over as queen, and resolved the lingering conflict. All seems well for a while until Eliza informs Anaxos that the España kingdom has allied with the Chaos Knights, (an organization that murdered Anaxos' father, and that stands against New Camelot) and that they should ally themselves to prevent destruction.

Anaxos is all for going into another war, until he squares off with his brother, Levioth (A Noble Knight) who is within the Chaos Knight's ranks. Levioth starts revealing to Anaxos who their father really was, and why he was killed in the first place. When Anaxos eventually accepts reality and, when Levioth and his friend Mark (Who is based on a certain king of the squirrels, and is another Noble Knight) discover that the Chaos Knights aren't telling them the entire truth: the Noble Knights of this time finally band together to stop the leader of the Chaos Knights and stop España from invading Britannia and New Camelot.[/background]

[Warning: I wrote these Bios between 1-3 in the morning, sorry about them, I will edit them when I can]

Main Characters:
 lGVs2zx.png
Anaxos "Cobra" du LacwEEku9Y.png
Race: Dark Elf
Anaxos is the king of New Camelot, and the Noble Knight of the Blood Dragon, who has the ability to control the properties of any and all blood, as long as it is outside of the body.
Anaxos is generally known for being a loud, obnoxious, sarcastic, alcoholic, buffoon who never takes things seriously. 
In battle however, he's pretty different. He's always been an amazing strategist and excellent fighter, but after when his father died, and he became a Noble Knight moments later, people started noticing that his fighting style had changed drastically. He confronts opponents with a disturbing smile on his face and laughs manically at the pain he causes them. Nobody knows why, but Anaxos can turn from everybody's favorite idiot into a disturbing sadist in an instant.
Anaxos is also capable of using "Venoma" which is what he believes to be a powerful poison magic. He also has an incredible resistance to poison, intoxication, and disease. Since he has a resistance to intoxication, he will often drink absurd amounts of alcohol in order to actually become intoxicated.
He is capable of using three Venoma "Spells:"
Venoma Sting - A shot of Venoma poison that does little damage but has terrible, lingering effects
Venoma Swamp - A downward shot of Venoma poison that shoots into the ground to make a terrain hazard. Enemies who step on the hazard are afflicted with Venoma poison.
Venoma Hell-Cannon - An intense shot of Venoma that gives debilitating, incurable effects. This spell is incredibly hard to use once.
Anaxos is also capable of using Darkstep. This ability was unique to his race in ancient times, but was thought unusable by modern Dark Elves. It allows him to slow time down to 1/100th of a second, but places him inside of a dark veil where time moves normally. He can use the ability indefinitely, however others cannot follow him while using it, and if he successfully attacks while using it, it cools down for ten minutes.
Anaxos was taught how to use Venoma at a young age, along with his brother Levioth. Both Levioth and his father's Venoma attacks were fist-based, but Anaxos' were shot based. Because of his unique Venoma usage, Anaxos was given the nickname, Cobra, after the spitting Cobra. 

Riu
[No picture right now, still working on a new sprite, sorry, it'll look like a short, white Espeon]
Species: Carbuncle
Riu is a white carbuncle with a garnet embedded in his head. He also has a deep-voiced New York City accent, and is obsessed with being symmetrical with his twin brother Oiru. He hatched from an egg when Anaxos was twelve and has been his best friend in the world ever since. Despite his deep friendship with Anaxos, he tends to make fun of him and fight with him a lot. 
Riu also seems to get along really well with Gutijja. (Who is mentioned below)
Riu is often mistaken for a cat, but gets violently angry when called one.

Riu can also use a magic called Breakfire, thanks to his garnet. His most common spell is Forward Flames, which covers his body in fire as he charges at his opponent.

2bDoZQe.png
Asuka Akuzora8sphLpt.png
Race: White Elf/Hitomi
Asuka is Anaxos' adoptive daughter. Her mother was dating Anaxos when she was killed by a Red Elven member of the Chaos Knights. (Neither Mark or Levioth were informed of this event, or even knew who the killer was) She uses a sword called High Caliburn, which Anaxos gave her when she was young, as well as Light magic. She really loves to fight, and it is implied that she became as close as she is with Gutijja by play-fighting with him a lot in the past.
She, Gutijja, and Riu are Anaxos' most common companions. Anaxos often calls her 'Tomorrow Girl' which is what her name means in the Hitomi language.
Asuka's mother was a White Elf from Britannia, however her father (who is only mentioned once) is from Hitomi. (this world's Japan)

0TZ3a21.png
Gutijja gro-Naka/Zark Ikana 6vU2Emj.png
Race: Sage
Gutijja is a member of a race known as the Sages. Their race traditionally sees themselves as supreme and all others as vermin who are undeserving of the right to live. At the age of eight, Gutijja ran away from his home, which operated as a concentration camp in Britannia, and began living with the Gro tribe of Orcs. (When he did, he began going by the name, 'Gutijja gro-Naka, rather than Zark Ikana)
Gutijja pretends to be an Orc, and members of his tribe accept him as one. The bandages and bandanna he wears are to hide features that would distinguish him as a Sage. He does have a crimson-colored tail and does not hide it, because he would die if it was removed from air.
Gutijja tries to avoid talking about the Sages and his past before the Gro Tribe. In normal circumstances he is quick to anger, but easy to calm down.(especially around Asuka) He is incredibly loud and obnoxious, much like Anaxos, (That rhymed) but is easily embarrassed. Anaxos often calls him a stripper because he doesn't wear a shirt. Gutijja and Asuka are best friends, he has a crush on her, but is embarrassed to admit it. He gets along incredibly well with Riu, and gets treated much better by him, in comparison to Anaxos.

P3NyEHM.png
Eliza Britannia
Race: White ElfOoVjvlb.png
Eliza is the queen of Britannia, Anaxos' ex-girlfriend, and the Noble Knight of the Iron Golem; she is able to control all types of metal much like Anaxos can control all types of blood.
Despite being a Noble Knight, Eliza really doesn't prefer combat.
She has many similarities with Anaxos, one being that she is very competitive, which is what started her relationship with Anaxos in the first place. She is also an avid drinker, and is very loud and obnoxious. She is also about as mean to Anaxos as Riu is. (And Riu adores her for it.) She is still in love with Anaxos, but won't tell him. She feels guilty because she broke up with Anaxos when he began obsessing over finding Levioth, who went missing when he left to join the Chaos Knights. She is also the person Anaxos confides in the most.

yHd2J8u.jpg
Mark Iplier
(Last name pronounced: EE-plee-AIR)
Race: Hitmoi (Explanation below)s3G2P3H.png
Did you know this game doubles as a Markiplier fangame? Well it does. Back in the olden days, when I wanted this story to be a manga, there was a character who would become the Noble Knight of the Chaos Serpents. The thing was, he had absolutely no personality, and I was having trouble thinking of one. Then I was watching Markiplier play one of his RPG Maker fangames while I was writing the script. That's when it hit me and, I decided to make this into a game, and have Markiplier replace the boring character I was having trouble with.
Mark retains his real-life personality in the game, (with one exception, he is more violent to fit with the story) If you are unfamiliar with his personality, you might want to look here. He does have many serious moments, and is actually a key character.
Also: I realize that I basically made Mark fully Japanese in this game (Which he definitely isn't) The reason why is because I didn't have a Korean race, and making a new race that was so physically similar to Hitomi just seemed ridiculous. I also realize that I could have given him the same race as Asuka and made him  part Caucasian, but I really didn't want to give him elf ears because I wanted him to look as much like the real Mark as possible, while still staying true to the lore of the game.

Mark is the commander of the Chaos Knights, and is a unique type of Noble Knight, who shares his nobility with Dark Iplier. (His twin brother) He and Dark are known as the Noble Knights of the Chaos Serpents. Mark's powers of telepathy and mind manipulation come from the White Chaos Serpent. (Dark's powers are telekinesis) The White Chaos Serpent also gave him Tiny Box Tim, a small talking box that Mark absolutely adores. (Dark was given the Warfstache) Mark's weapon is called White Caliburn, instead of being an Excalibur weapon. Mark says that if White Caliburn and Black Caliburn (Dark's weapon) were used together, they would be called Chaos Excalibur. Mark is also known for conjuration magic:
He can summon a shadowy creature behind an enemy and use it to stab them in the butt. He can also use the item, "Peanutbutter" to summon a horde of viscous squirrels.
Mark is also very good friends with Levioth du Lac, he is actually the one who recruited Levioth to the Chaos Knights, and is his most common partner on missions.

wNbz056.png
Tiny Box Tim
Species: Small, Talking Wooden CrateodPUxkk.png
Tiny Box Tim is a small, talking wooden crate that assists anyone who has the White Chaos Serpent's powers. (His counterpart for the Black Chaos Serpent is the Warfstache) He has the ability to see aura, and knows everything there is to know about the Noble Knights, because he has accompanied every generation of them. Mark absolutely adores him and calls him, "His little biscuit"
Here's another personality wiki page for you non-Markiplier fans.

1bTNuAU.png
Levioth du Lac
Race: Red Elf (Believed to be) PPXA1MZ.png
Levioth is Anaxos' adoptive brother, and the Noble Knight of the Horror Devil. Like Anaxos, he is capable of using Venoma "magic," however his "spells" are all based on punching attacks that are augmented with Venoma poison. As a child, his nickname was "Black Mamba" after his deadly strike attacks, however he abandoned his nickname, and any kind feelings for his father when he left to join the Chaos Knights. Levioth also, like Anaxos has a pet carbuncle. His is Riu's black furred, sapphire gemmed twin brother, Oiru. Levioth, like all Red Elves, can also use Red Mind, which allows him to create illusions, and distort thoughts. Levioth's Excalibur is called Wicked Excalibur and it is a spear.
Levioth's powers as a Noble Knight represent evil. In fact, his Nobility and the Noble Beast that granted it to him are considered to be the equivalent of the devil in our world...however, Levioth is not a sinister person. (his predecessor was not either.) Levioth is considerably more polite than Anaxos. He seems to be more serious than both Anaxos and his partner, Mark, but still has a good sense of humor, and will often play along with their shenanigans. Levioth also gets along very well with Oiru, (about as well as Riu and Gutijja) which contrasts Anaxos and Riu's relationship. Levioth also knows a lot of things about his and Anaxos' past that Anaxos is unaware of.

Oiru

[Again, no picture, really sorry, black Espeon]

Species: Carbuncle

Oiru is a black carbuncle with a sapphire embedded in his head. He also has a deep-voiced New York City accent, (It is slightly different from Riu's) and is obsessed with being symmetrical with his twin brother Riu. He hatched from an egg when Levioth was twelve and has been his best friend in the world ever since. 
Oiru also seems to get along really well with Gutijja. (Who is mentioned below)
Oiru is often mistaken for a cat, but gets violently angry when called one.

Oiru can also use a magic called Shatterbolt, thanks to his sapphire. His most common spell is Thunder Rush, which covers his body in lightning as he charges at his opponent.

He and Riu seem obsessed with each other. They never fight, and are always near each other whenever they can be.

Scripts:

So far Sapphire Action System IV for RPG Maker VX is the only script that I am using. I'll probably be using more as the game goes further along.

Credits:

I have a whole google doc of credits, I'll just post in in a quote:

Creative Commons:

This software is distributed under the Creative Commons 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

You are free:

to Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work [source project included with game]

to Remix - to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work)

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Share alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

THIS IS A FREE GAME. IF YOU DID NOT GET THIS FREE, YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED. GO AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK. DO IT VIOLENTLY IF YOU WANT, I DON’T REALLY CARE. I MEAN I DO CARE, BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS GAME AND IF YOU DO, THEN I SHOULD GET THE MONEY, BUT IF YOU PAID FOR THIS GAME I DEFINITELY DIDN’T AND THAT IS NOT THE GOOD. LET YOUR LEGS BE THE WALKING...OVER TO WHOEVER STOLE YOUR MONEY SO YOU CAN STEAL THEIR KIDNEY AS COMPENSATION FOR YOUR STOLEN MONEY. Or just report it to the cops or whatever I dunno...

Character Designs, Story, and Development by

Cobra Hubbard

Art:

“NK:G2†title text made with

www.textcraft.net

Characters Mark Iplier and Dark Iplier based on

Mark Fischbach aka Markiplier

www.youtube.com/markiplier

Pixel art generated by

Game Character Hub

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292230/

Music:

Lurking Evil (Anaxos’ Battle Theme)

Caverns Of Madness (Lance’s Evil Theme)

A Time Forgotten (Title Theme)

Glory Eternal (Chaos Knight’s Theme)

By Darren Curtis

https://soundcloud.com/desperate-measurez

Screenshots:

Sorry to say, I've only been working on this as a game for about a week, (The story itself has been worked on for over three months) and I've been super busy this whole week. I've really only got the title screen and I'm still working on the first map. Sorry. Still, I've got a few screenshots:

h6RJGrO.png

MvtED3C.png

kJkugzW.png

HXNBHp8.png

BWnHEgk.png

Team:

And as for team, there is no team. There is only me.