New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
JRolik

100% Orange Juice, Anyone?

Writing that title, it felt totally weird putting this in a Video Game section: But it really is the name of the game, after all [not that I understand why it was named that, but I don't understand a lot of things]. 

So, does anyone else play 100% Orange Juice? [developed by Orange Juice, found on Fruitbat Factory and Steam] Or, do you play other games from the OJ group? Most of Orange Juice's games, from what I've found so far, are "Bullet Hells"- I own QP Shooting Dangerously, but I barely play it...But I'm basically addicted to 100% OJ!

If you do know the game, please chat with me about it- your favorite characters to play, your style ,etc.

If you don't know what the game is...Don't feel bad, I didn't for a long time too. Basically, think of Mario Party on a major sugar high with heavily cute characters and insanity. According to the OJ Wiki: "Orange Juice is a goal-oriented boardgame". But it's not so simple really: It involves strategy and luck. There are many cards to use in battle and on the field, and you'll be against 3 other players [either CPU or online players like you]. The dice have a mind of their own, there are insane map events that happen every few turns...And each character has it's own abilities that are pretty neat. 

You can play online with other players, or in Campaign Mode against CPUs to help you unlock new playable characters and such. Other characters are DLC, though...Oh, but you can also unlock new colors for clothes and stuff to customize a bit. I always use green hair if I have it for the character. Some colors you buy with 'stars' you get through playing, others you just get randomly. It's funny.

Personally, I find that 100% OJ is totally addictive. In fact, most people I meet through it are. Lately, the addiction has died down a lot due to it's next of kin, 200% Mixed Juice- a totally different kind of game with the same characters and a unique feel that I have yet to see.

By the way this game will possibly make you fear seagulls and rue chickens. Just warning you.