New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
JRolik

Hi Hello~

Nice to meet you, fellow game lovers! Well, I'm assuming you guys love games too...But...

Anywho, I'm Jaluna- and I'm new to game development [and this forum!]. I've had RPGMaker VXAce for a few months now and am working hard on learning it, and I feel I'm starting to get the hang of some of it.

When I was asked in the sign up why i joined, I put other: Because to me, I wanted to join for every reason possible. To meet others, get help and insight, make new friends, get some nifty resources, and just generally find a nice place to learn and such.

I'm not very good at introductions to be honest...But please to pop in and say hello, tell me what to add to this, give advice and yada yada. I don't know. xD Either way, thanks for reading this mess :D

Considering that you look like you know what you are doing so far on this, and you know exactly what people are going to say to you...

I'm just going to stick to:

"Hello, and welcome to da club."

But yeah, we can help you with whatever you need, whether it be game related or not, or if you just want to have a random conversation about how evil hot dogs actually are, we'll be more than happy to chat.

Also we have a lonely Arcade somewhere on this site that no one uses anymore. Have fun!

Spooky or just sad lonely arcade? I need to know for my anxiety disorder. And because I wanna hug all the ghosts I find, like you. x3

Claiming I know what I'm doing is an overstatement. I never know what I'm doing, actually. Also I'm more afraid of chihuahuas than hot dogs, but that's good to know that they're evil. Good news, I ate two the other day. So we're safer. I think.

Anywho, thanks for welcoming me to the club. Eventually I'll figure out where I belong in here and stuff. And maybe find more ghosts to hug. :D

Hey welcome to the forums Jaluna, it's always fun to meet new people getting into the game making scene. 

I saw you are using VXAce as your primary RPG Maker, have you givenMV a try? It doesn't have as many cool scripts for it yet but there are a lot of really great ones being developed, and over all it's a much better RPG Maker. We have the free trial on the site (and if you're quiet about it we might share the secret) lol.

As for the arcade, it's just lonely cause no one plays games on it any more lol too much time working on our own games.

I haven't got the money to try MV. Because I didn't know there even /was/ a trial. My senpai [someone I met who uses it and plays games with me and stuff] has it on steam I saw, but for now I'm honestly just happy to have anything. I actually got VXAce as a gift...as well as GCH [two different people who didn't know each other it's amazing].

I'll have to find the trial. Even if it's limited it'll be neat. Though first... I need way more room on my computer. Oops...

Also, I'm good at keeping secrets because I forget things quickly anyway. Seriously, I forget I plan to make a call in five minutes. Speaking of, I was supposed to try calling my grandmother again...xD

Spooky or just sad lonely arcade? I need to know for my anxiety disorder. And because I wanna hug all the ghosts I find, like you. x3

Claiming I know what I'm doing is an overstatement. I never know what I'm doing, actually. Also I'm more afraid of chihuahuas than hot dogs, but that's good to know that they're evil. Good news, I ate two the other day. So we're safer. I think.

Well one: http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/index.php?app=arcade it is $00P4H lonely there

and two: That hot dog bit is making me laugh so much. My family thinks I became a horse.

You also have VX Ace and GCH??? That is like unheard of on this website for like nobody else I know owns just those two in particular besides me... so like, whoopie!!!! The only thing that could make you even more awesome is if you are a fan of Undertale.

I wish it became more known that GCH is (in my opinion) the best method of creating characters for RPG maker games, cause I don't hear or see much talk about it.

You also have VX Ace and GCH??? That is like unheard of on this website for like nobody else I know owns just those two in particular besides me... so like, whoopie!!!! The only thing that could make you even more awesome is if you are a fan of Undertale.

I wish it became more known that GCH is (in my opinion) the best method of creating characters for RPG maker games, cause I don't hear or see much talk about it.

I sadly haven't had the chance to even try Undertale, but based on my tendencies, my friend is certain I'd adore it. He says it's quite cute and in that respect alone, I'd giggle a lot...because we met through another cutesie as heck game, 100% Orange Juice.

I agree on the GCH thing, by the way. I use it all the time. The only other thing I could even think of using is ComiPo and that's...Just not meant for this kind of thing -.- GCH has a great library and with workshop it's even better to me. And...It makes it so much easier to make side characters if I just use change hues, since mine takes place in a school with a uniform right now...And it's a pain to make a million extras so it doesn't look like a bunch of clones. Just a lot of similarities. xD

Hi Jaluna! Welcome to the site. Your passion for learning is absolutely inspiring! Are u working on a project atm? I don't use VX Ace but I'm willing to help as much as I can :)

Hi Zahraa! I'm definitely working on a project right now: slow and steady, anyway. It's hard to decide what to work on at given points, but I feel like I'm slowly figuring out what I'm doing. So, hearing someone willing to help somehow is always wonderful to hear :D

I don't know if I'd call myself enthusiastic by any means, but it also might be I was more awake because it depends on where you live. But wait...I'm never fully awake. Maybe that's where that optimism comes from? Being out of it? xD

I can't decide if you're trying to be totally ironic, sarcastic or serious at all Tigurus, but either way, I'm gonna call you Tiggy this post for fun. Because it's adorable.

And thanks for the warm welcome xD

Aw but now I don't want to call you Tiggy just because it's common...

I kid, I kid. It's too cute not to call you that anyway. And yes, you were just called cute by a random person. i promise that's not my way of hitting on you. xD

I'm called cute a lot too [i just assume they're all biased weirdos that tell me, since it's usually really close friends who do it]. Is that bad? xD